New owner/member Gloucestershire - New User Meet and Greet - Focus ST Owners Club

New owner/member Gloucestershire

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dino

Dino
  • Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Marc
  • Owns:Mk3 ST-3
Hi all.

Thought id introduce myself and now a paid up member.

Currently live near Lydney in Gloucestershire.

My better half has just traded in her Alfa Giulietta. Few weeks back went looking for a newish ecoboost Fiesta ST line.. after realising its too small, started looking at 2019 Focus's.. 1.0 eco boost, 1.5 ecoboost... then i thought id give her a curveball and she tested a 2.0 ecoboost ST2... SOLD... :-)

She loved the way it drove and wanted one.

So i explained the specs and colours and she preferably wanted a performance blue ST3. So after lots of viewings and test drives we foubd a car that matched the spec and condition she wanted.

So we bought a 2018 ST3 ecoboost in Performance Blue with gunmetal 18" wheels with 10k miles. Has privacy glass and subwoofer in footwell. Quite interested in what optional extras were available for the ST3.

Car is in good condition for the age.
I spent all day yesterday detailing the inside of the car.
Deglossed all the plastics and conditioned.
Polished windows
Hoovered every part of car using detailing brush between switches, stitches in leather and every knook and cranny i could find..lol
Stripped the boot, cleaned tyrewell.
Hoovered and shampoo'd all the carpets.
Cleaned leather seats, removed a few marks and then conditioned the leather.

Interior is now as good as it could be.

I now need to detail the exterior.

Im a car nut myself and nearly bought one myself. I have a 1994 4th Gen prelude track car in red and my daily is a 350bhp Mk2 Mazda 3 MPS in black.

I want to post a few puctures of the focus. Anyone know a good hosting site?

Ive paid up membership for here and looking forward to getting to know the car and the community.

Big Hi from me.Attached File  20200926_091839.jpg   451.36KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20200926_092056.jpg   409.86KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20200927_122703.jpg   474.21KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20180608_145939.jpg   577.24KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20200926_092056.jpg   409.86KB   0 downloads

Attached Files

• Jason Sullivan likes this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 23360 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

Welcome to the club Marc :)

I live on the other side of the Severn.

Dino

Dino
  • Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Marc
Cheers Alb.. what area do you live?

Missing the car shows at combe this year

jameo

jameo
  • Club Member
  • 42 posts
  • Bristol
  • James
  • Owns:ST Mk3.5
Hi Marc welcome to the club!! Im a relative newbie here as well, only been a member since may but have had the focus for a year next week! They seem a helpful bunch on here and well worth the membership, Im just over the water from you as well, in yate so not far!

Dino

Dino
  • Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Marc
Cheers James.. have a funny feeling i might have to pinch her motor for a sneaky meet across the water.

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2823 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

Welcome aboard mate.

Did you manage to do Summer Action and Forge Action at Combe ? Got on track at Forge but they allowed so many on in the session it was a nightmare 

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 429 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Welcome bud, thank goodness youre other cars arent Vauxhalls. 🤮😁
  • Dino likes this

Dino

Dino
  • Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Marc

Welcome aboard mate.

Did you manage to do Summer Action and Forge Action at Combe ? Got on track at Forge but they allowed so many on in the session it was a nightmare 

Hi Jason, No I havent managed to attend any of those shows. Ive only done one trackday at combe this year in the prelude.

I do find those open sessions at public open days to be manic and the standards of driving range right across the board.

Welcome bud, thank goodness youre other cars arent Vauxhalls.

Yup, I'm not a vauxhall man, have always been Japanese, but do like a good sporty Blue Oval. Even bought myself a 1/18 scale Norev Sierra RS500 to sit on my office desk

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2823 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

Hi Jason, No I havent managed to attend any of those shows. Ive only done one trackday at combe this year in the prelude.

I do find those open sessions at public open days to be manic and the standards of driving range right across the board.

Yeah totally agree mate now my sons Fiesta ST is fully track ready it will be open pit lane full day sessions only.

Donington booked for Nov just hope the weather holds out lol.

Sean B

Sean B

Whipping Boy

• Club Staff
  • 13147 posts
  • Oop north
  • Swifty
  • Owns:AMG C43

:welcome: fella

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users