Shaunm

Shaunm
  • Club Member
  • 10 posts
  • Shaun
  • Owns:Focus ST Mk3
Hi all,

My first post.

I have just picked up my first ST which is a 2017 ST3 in stealth black.

I am over the moon with it. My wife thinks Im having a mid life crisis as I have gone from an Audi A6 Avant to the Ford. Personally I am very happy as I love the way it drives. The Ford dealership in Huddersfield thought I was nuts because I asked them to take the black wheels off the car and put the silver wheels on instead. Personal preference, I just felt I liked the silver wheels more.

Anyhow I thought Id introduce myself.

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

gbgaz

gbgaz
  • Club Member
  • 361 posts

Hi Shaun, welcome!

I agree with you re. the wheels... alloys should be silver and shiny! Any pics of the car?

Geebs

Geebs
  • Club Member
  • 283 posts
  • Markinch, Fife
  • Clark
  • Owns:Focus ST

Everyone to his own in the wheels debate, just had mine re powder coated in gunmetal with a metallic fleck thru to add a bit sparkle. I'd prefer the natural alloy against a black car myself, welcome along..........

Shaunm

Shaunm
  • Club Member
  • 10 posts
  • Shaun
  • Owns:Focus ST Mk3

Thats the car, not the best photo ever taken.

Absolutely, each to their own wheels wise and colours. Its all good, whatever you go for. Keeping the black wheels off just kept my mrs from yelling mid life crisis just a little less ha.

I was thinking of maybe doing the Mountune Stage 1. Is that a worthwhile endeavour? I can get ford to carry this out for me. Although its only a 25 bhp difference I have read that it makes a little bit more of a positive difference when it comes to MPG.

Edited by Alb, 27 September 2020 - 17:44.
External image hosting not allowed. Please upload directly.

Splinter65

Splinter65
  • Club Member
  • 51 posts
  • Lincs
  • Simon
  • Owns:mk3 st3
Welcome aboard

Personally I'd talk to Collins re the map.

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 23400 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

Welcome to the club Shaun :)

I had silver wheels on my ST but black on the RS and I must say that the black ones look much better.

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 467 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Silver wheels are soo standard and boring looking, dark wheels are much more moody and motorsport, every euro hatch has silver wheels, I personally cant stand them just too ordinary.

Sean B

Sean B

Whipping Boy

• Club Staff
  • 13151 posts
  • Oop north
  • Swifty
  • Owns:AMG C43

:welcome: fella  I prefer silver wheels, I had the grey ones on my second ST swapped with the silver ones from my first ST :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users