My old MK2 GR55 OYP! - Focus ST Mk2 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

My old MK2 GR55 OYP!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

markfoley

markfoley
  • Forum User
  • 208 posts
  • Birmingham
  • Mark
  • Owns:ST250
Hi guys I was a member on here around 6-7 years ago when I had my PB PRE FACELIFT ST MK2 reg: GR55 OYP!

I was wondering if anyone knows if its still going strong I loved that car and was forced to sell at the time but would love to know if its still going and buy it back (long shot I know). I sold it to a guy near Manchester.

Just thought ide try my luck before searching for another

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

NigelStap

NigelStap
  • Club Member
  • 4034 posts
  • Norwich
  • Nigel
  • Owns:ST225

Have you checked online to see if it still taxed?

Yes, it is still taxed and MOT'ed, though I can see someone has tried to get it tested with a de-cat and there is a long winded way of saying that the bonnet latch is broken!

• Mick.M likes this

markfoley

markfoley
  • Forum User
  • 208 posts
  • Birmingham
  • Mark

Have you checked online to see if it still taxed?

Yes, it is still taxed and MOT'ed, though I can see someone has tried to get it tested with a de-cat and there is a long winded way of saying that the bonnet latch is broken!

I did check the mot on the dvla but diddnt see those details you mentioned. The bonnet latch was almost dead when I had it that was in a list to do haha. But was fully standard when I had it I bet it’s a state now. I’m looking for another toy just a thought to try and find my old one. Don’t suppose it tells you the mileage does it

pchilds1

pchilds1
  • Club Member
  • 41 posts
  • Basildon
  • Peter
  • Owns:ST225
You check the MOT history and then you’ll get all the failures and advisories plus the mileage.

FastEddie

FastEddie
  • Forum User
  • 3996 posts

Still going strong at 15 years old and did 10,000m last year ! :bow:

On 74,483m in March 2020. :)

markfoley

markfoley
  • Forum User
  • 208 posts
  • Birmingham
  • Mark
Not bad was in late 40s when I sold her. 5 years ago

Noisy Boy

Noisy Boy
  • Club Member
  • 2558 posts
Unless its owned by a knuckle dragging chav who rags it from cold every day, then its probably still alive and doing well.

FastEddie

FastEddie
  • Forum User
  • 3996 posts
The MOT record for my old 55-plate ST ended 5 years ago on 74k miles.

It never was very reliable.

Noisy Boy

Noisy Boy
  • Club Member
  • 2558 posts
I always do reg checks on my old cars and I'm surprised to see some still running to be honest.

FastEddie

FastEddie
  • Forum User
  • 3996 posts
The first ST I bought was an ex-demo car so one of the first made in 2005 and probably been ragged from cold many times.

It wasnt the perfect condition but had only done 8000m in 2.5 years and was a good price.

My FL ST has been a different class. Like new when bought at 4 years old and been ultra-reliable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users