Looking for any previous owners - Focus ST Mk2 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Looking for any previous owners

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Focusqueen91

Focusqueen91
  • Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Amy
  • Owns:mk2st mk1frs
Hi guys bit of of a long shot but I am looking for anyone with any information on my performance blue pfl 3 door mk2 st reg ending in XHH

Any info would be most appreciated

Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

JamieM

JamieM
  • Club Member
  • 2393 posts
Definitely a long shot especially so without the entire reg it could potentially be one of thousands with the same ending.

On another note,

I never understand why people seek out previous owners.
  • NigelStap likes this

Focusqueen91

Focusqueen91
  • Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Amy
  • Owns:mk2st mk1frs
Wasnt sure if your able to use full reg and i'm clearly looking for any information as there wasnt much history with the car yeah maybe I should have bought one with more history but I didn't ☺

NigelStap

NigelStap
  • Club Member
  • 4034 posts
  • Norwich
  • Nigel
  • Owns:ST225

Dealers can no longer pass on documents from the previous owner of a car to the new owner. GDPR.

• Focusqueen91 likes this

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 23104 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

As mentioned above, very much a long shot Amy although the odds are improved if the car has club decals indicating a member owner.

Gazzaelb

Gazzaelb
  • Club Member
  • 586 posts
  • Gary
  • Owns:Focus ST3
I looked up the last owner of my st on Facebook, it was on the log book, or is that a thing of the past now too, wouldn't surprise me. Best bet after that is if you have a any recent invoices for the car, they usally have an owners name and address, you can then look them up, most previous owners of these cars will likely be an enthusiast, so will be happy to answer any questions. Although if you have no proof, take it with a pinch of salt.

AndyC71

AndyC71
  • Club Member
  • 489 posts
  • Somerset
  • Andy
  • Owns:CP340exMR290

I looked up the last owner of my st on Facebook, it was on the log book, or is that a thing of the past now too, wouldn't surprise me. Best bet after that is if you have a any recent invoices for the car, they usally have an owners name and address, you can then look them up, most previous owners of these cars will likely be an enthusiast, so will be happy to answer any questions. Although if you have no proof, take it with a pinch of salt.

Problem is you cannot hand these invoices over.

If i ever come to part ex. my car I have stupid amounts of invoices including things like the block mod. So I will just write in the service book for the new owner to contact me and i will hand it all over to them.

Gazzaelb

Gazzaelb
  • Club Member
  • 586 posts
  • Gary
  • Owns:Focus ST3

Problem is you cannot hand these invoices over.

If i ever come to part ex. my car I have stupid amounts of invoices including things like the block mod. So I will just write in the service book for the new owner to contact me and i will hand it all over to them.

Really? I didn't know that. How stupid everything is now, so basically you buy a car with no history now, and have to rely on the stamps in the book being genuine! What has the world come to.

AndyC71

AndyC71
  • Club Member
  • 489 posts
  • Somerset
  • Andy
  • Owns:CP340exMR290

Really? I didn't know that. How stupid everything is now, so basically you buy a car with no history now, and have to rely on the stamps in the book being genuine! What has the world come to.

Yeah it is because of GDPR. It has wreaked havoc in my industry as well. If it has a name and/or an address. It cannot be supplied. Anything with personal data that can be used to mimic the identity of that person then it comes under GDPR.

Employee numbers, driving licence details and DCPC cards are just a few areas that has made it harder for us to operate efficiently and effectively.

JamieM

JamieM
  • Club Member
  • 2393 posts

As above!

Purchased my misses a new car recently, half the services were on invoices and withheld by the dealership.

I nearly didn't buy the car (I saw them and know they were carried out) but when it comes down to selling it, I'm sure it will be interesting. What I found particularly annoying is some of these were done by BMW (2015 car) and they hadn't stamped the service booklet! It's got 1 stamp, for 3-4 services.

I said, can you not scan the invoices in to your computer and remove the addresses etc nope.

So, I know her car has FSH but I can't prove it.. tempted to buy one of those stamps from Ebay and write them in myself as I made note of mileages but I guess anyone can do that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users