• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Hudson1984

Hudson1984
  • Club Member
  • 81 posts
  • Sam
  • Owns:Focus ST Mk2
Hi all, so Im soon to be joining the world of ST ownership. My car arrives next Saturday from wales..with all this social distancing Ive bought one based on an online viewing and hopefully itll be ok!

Be interested if anyone knows of somewhere in Suffolk or Norwich area thats reliable for tuning etc? Im keen to ensure the head mods are completed and Im aiming to take it to 300bhp so would like to swap out the clutch, and other bits required.

At the moment its got ram air, but nothing else, so the plan is, get head sorted, so clutch, do remap then go from there.

Hope to hear from you all as I progress. Be really interested in recommendations of workshops on the east coast

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Hudson1984

Hudson1984
  • Club Member
  • 81 posts
  • Sam
Attached File  5051FAC1-49E1-4241-992F-70C28A875D0F.png   599.66KB   0 downloads
  • Wolliest500 likes this

Gazzaelb

Gazzaelb
  • Club Member
  • 718 posts
  • Gary
  • Owns:Focus ST3
If your handy with the spanners, then get yourself a stage 2 intercooler, many brands available. Easy to fit yourself. For the clutch, you can buy the full RS clutch kit and flywheel from our sponsor Andy at club discount. Any decent garage will fit this for you. Block mod is also a consideration but not necessarily a must have, do some reading up on that and make your decision from there. My personal mapping choice is dreamscience, again this is personal and many very good alternatives are available. The dreamscience imap is handheld and you can map the car yourself with the various maps on the handset depending on the level of supporting mods you have. You will need a 3" downpipe, sports cat for good gains, and the rear system if you want more noise, again any decent garage will do this for you. There are other things like recirc valves and actuator, but maybe do the basics first👍

Hudson1984

Hudson1984
  • Club Member
  • 81 posts
  • Sam
Cheers for that.

Definitely not after noise. That’s not really my thing. I’m much more of a fan of subtle power on tap, don’t want people hearing the car from 3 miles away

Not against 3” pipes but again, would prefer to keep the noise to a manageable level

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 23400 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

Hello Sam, welcome to the club :)

Noisy Boy

Noisy Boy
  • Club Member
  • 2697 posts
  • Cheshire
  • David
  • Owns:ST3 MR 290
Welcome mate.
If its not already done, the lower gearbox torque mount is a worthy mod aswell as some decent brakes and tyres.

Sean B

Sean B

Whipping Boy

• Club Staff
  • 13151 posts
  • Oop north
  • Swifty
  • Owns:AMG C43

:welcome: fella

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan
  • Owns:St500

Hi all, so Im soon to be joining the world of ST ownership. My car arrives next Saturday from wales..with all this social distancing Ive bought one based on an online viewing and hopefully itll be ok!

Be interested if anyone knows of somewhere in Suffolk or Norwich area thats reliable for tuning etc? Im keen to ensure the head mods are completed and Im aiming to take it to 300bhp so would like to swap out the clutch, and other bits required.

At the moment its got ram air, but nothing else, so the plan is, get head sorted, so clutch, do remap then go from there.

Hope to hear from you all as I progress. Be really interested in recommendations of workshops on the east coast

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan
  • Owns:St500
Hi there , Im not sure on specific tuning companies in our area but a good reliable garage in Suffolk that did all the work on my old EO is spurling and remblance near Stradbroke I moved to the coast and I still use them for all our cars 👍

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users