How annoyed should I be and what should I do about it? - Page 4 - Focus ST Mk2 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

How annoyed should I be and what should I do about it?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

Gazzaelb

Gazzaelb
  • Club Member
  • 595 posts
  • Gary
  • Owns:Focus ST3
I hate this sort of thing, I'm taking mine in next Tuesday for the RS clutch and flywheel to be fitted, I'm using a local garage which I've used for quite a few years now, usally they do a decent job. I must say though, its always in the back of my mind what if something goes south, and I'm going to have to spend time/money sorting the issues out. Seems to be the norm these days, shoddy work for a premium price, hope you get a successful resolution 👍

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

NigelStap

NigelStap
  • Club Member
  • 4038 posts
  • Norwich
  • Nigel
  • Owns:ST225

You should be annoyed that the garage didn't inform you that the additional work was needed.

If you wish to have it done you can expect them to dismantle the engine FOC but the additional work will be at your cost, as if it had been done before the garage put the engine back together again.

NickFST3

NickFST3

Previously nickst500

• Club Member
  • 5302 posts
  • Lincolnshire
  • Nick
  • Owns:Mk3.5 ST3

I think the tensioner may have a Volvo stamp (or at least the original does).

attachicon.giftensioner.JPG

This is rapidly turning into another 'can anyone recommend me a good garage' thread......................... :whistle:

• AlexDH likes this

AlexDH

AlexDH
  • Club Member
  • 2460 posts
  • Alex

This is rapidly turning into another 'can anyone recommend me a good garage' thread......................... :whistle:

One day nick haha

Noisy Boy

Noisy Boy
  • Club Member
  • 2564 posts
Is there such a thing....?

Oranjemobiel

Oranjemobiel
  • Club Member
  • 203 posts
  • Dan

Not managed to check in on this thread in while, was hoping it'd be sorted by now.

Going back a few pages, the Garage mentioned they couldn't get the bolt out, as too much had snapped off. They should have phoned you to let you know how you want to proceed. If I remember rightly, the turbo needs to come off, to drill the bolt out. Several hours work, at least.

With regards to Andy at A&K a few pages back. I thought all parts on the car would be Ford, FoMoCo or Volvo. At the time it was all they had and didn't think anything of it, as came from the Ford dealership local to me. Looking into it further, Dayco and Ina do the belts in the USA for Ford and a lot of the other big car companies. I replaced the fog lights on my car not too long ago, got them from Ford, stamped Valeo. Only a slight Ford marking to be found. 

A and K Motorsport

A and K Motorsport

A and K Motorsport

• Sponsor
  • 7958 posts
  • Kent
  • Andy & Kirsty

With regards to Andy at A&K a few pages back. I thought all parts on the car would be Ford, FoMoCo or Volvo. At the time it was all they had and didn't think anything of it, as came from the Ford dealership local to me. Looking into it further, Dayco and Ina do the belts in the USA for Ford and a lot of the other big car companies. I replaced the fog lights on my car not too long ago, got them from Ford, stamped Valeo. Only a slight Ford marking to be found. 

:unsure: Not sure if you are in the UK or Europe Dan but no matter you should be getting the same belts in the same packaging as us if you buy genuine Ford parts as the belts are made in Germany so i cant see that Ford would use a different manufacturer to supply the same part to a different area. 

A&K MOTORSPORT

WWW.AANDKMOTORSPORT.COM    Tel. 01795 880902

cerihawk

cerihawk
  • Club Member
  • 70 posts
  • East Sussex
  • Ceri
  • Owns:PFL Mk2 ST-2

No more progress has been made unfortunately. The name of the place is Devil Developments for those eager to know. Please could @Alb or an admin turn off commenting if possible and anyone wanting to know more can private message me. 

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 23118 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

Locked as requested.

• cerihawk likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users