Thought I would join the club - Page 3 - New User Meet and Greet - Focus ST Owners Club

Thought I would join the club

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan
  • Owns:St500

Nice! At least it has the stripes, & seats still! You'd be amazed the number of people who buy these then decide they don't like the stripes & seats so take them off/out and then still declare them as a 500!!

Just remember to keep the myth going..........................if anyone asks you the 500 is down to it having 500bhp.  :shifty:

You'd also be amazed how many times I got asked that by supposedly knowledgeable car 'enthusiasts'......................of course I always put them right-not!!

car02.jpg

This was mine before I did a couple of other cosmetic tweaks to her like spraying the foglight covers black & meshing them to match the grilles, & adding a splitter & spoiler. Still miss her!!!

Why would you take them out 🤣🤣🤣 the drivers seat has some wear which needs doing and two wheels are scuffed so a refurb is happening apart from that its absolutely mint , I regretted selling my EO one straight away I even asked the guy if I could buy it back 😢 but to be honest the EO was going to cost too much to put right , mechanically she was sound just cosmetics let her down , Im already in love with stripe though 👍 why did you sell yours ?

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

NickFST3

NickFST3

Previously nickst500

• Club Member
  • 5392 posts
  • Lincolnshire
  • Nick
  • Owns:Mk3.5 ST3

She was getting very long in the tooth & was going to need some serious money spending on her soon - or to be retired to a weekend fun car. Neither of which I could afford or justify at the time. So I got the new car on a good deal.

Then I got a tax refund, money from the new owners of British Steel for being given my old job back after they bought us out (??) - and a bonus to boot. All of which would have more than paid for the work on the 500 - or got me an old banger to drive around in instead...............

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing........................................ :thud:

• Bigayal likes this

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan

She was getting very long in the tooth & was going to need some serious money spending on her soon - or to be retired to a weekend fun car. Neither of which I could afford or justify at the time. So I got the new car on a good deal.

Then I got a tax refund, money from the new owners of British Steel for being given my old job back after they bought us out (??) - and a bonus to boot. All of which would have more than paid for the work on the 500 - or got me an old banger to drive around in instead...............

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing........................................ :thud:

Such a shame they are beautiful 🥰 Im still undecided wether I miss my eo more than I love stripe the eo is an amazing colour 👍 there is a few for sale fairly cheap right now if you had a hole in your pocket 🤣

NickFST3

NickFST3

Previously nickst500

• Club Member
  • 5392 posts
  • Lincolnshire
  • Nick
  • Owns:Mk3.5 ST3

I could never justify two ST's unfortunately so the money is going on some 'bits & pieces' on the new one.............................. :shifty:

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan
And obviously Ill keep the 500bhp myth going 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I could never justify two ST's unfortunately so the money is going on some 'bits & pieces' on the new one.............................. :shifty:

You can always justify two of anything, just tell the Missus they are set up for different things 🤣 thats how Ive got four and a half bikes and 3 cars 🤣🤣🤣
  • NickFST3 likes this

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan
Attached File  FC9BA30D-72D5-41D6-963B-DB9A712B4D7A.jpeg   320.75KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DD6D7C3C-92B7-459C-B1F8-25E604140BA9.jpeg   216.37KB   0 downloadsAttached File  8F762149-C270-489F-8A57-AE6C64EFDFA0.jpeg   351.22KB   0 downloadsAttached File  F8C60A6E-978D-4342-89B4-ACA51FBAC7A9.jpeg   333.11KB   0 downloadsAttached File  33E1BED1-C5B2-4B73-AF73-B8C955F14DD7.jpeg   265.28KB   0 downloads
Some better pics now shes been polished ,I ordered those yokies at 4:39 yesterday they were here before 12 today 👍 good ol blackcircles
  • Mick.M and NickFST3 like this

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan
Attached File  CA7D2557-EECE-49F6-AA76-FDFA1474368D.png   1.12MB   0 downloads
Backroads blasts
Attached File  D6403AEF-01A5-470D-99F8-92732E282F29.jpeg   303.35KB   0 downloads
From front to back (speed) (spares) (touring) 🤣🤣🤣

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan
Attached File  0B4FF974-8E9B-4FFA-A822-3DC6D6895E45.jpeg   345.91KB   0 downloads

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan

Welcome! I know the feeling about the rust and stone chips. Still working out how to deal with a bunch of it myself. I am not a big modification fan, but I think that the car sits a bit too high. Ford Performance actually sell some Eibach Pro springs that just drop it 25mm all around. Going to have that done myself in a month and a bit. I think with your car it would look awesome. The wheel colour is amazing! Is it just graphite or does it have a specific colour code?

You was definitely right the 500 has the lowering eibachs on its like a completely different car , Im going to get block mod rs clutch and quaife diff when I get a bit of time off 👍
  • NickFST3 and ECGadget like this

ECGadget

ECGadget
  • Club Member
  • 101 posts

You was definitely right the 500 has the lowering eibachs on its like a completely different car , Im going to get block mod rs clutch and quaife diff when I get a bit of time off

And it looks beautiful! Getting the same in terms of the diff and RS clutch done to mine in a few months hopefully. ST500 really stands out!

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan

And it looks beautiful! Getting the same in terms of the diff and RS clutch done to mine in a few months hopefully. ST500 really stands out!

Thankyou I did look at quite a few cars before I got that one 🥰 and yeah I cant believe it overshadowed a clk55 amg at the car wash 🤣🤣🤣 even the little fiesta st500 got more attention than the big merc 🥰 just treated myself to a 500 related number plate too would have been rude not too really 👍 Im not going to tune it though just get all the engine and diff mint and next year will do everything underneath, the Missus wants a fester st now 🙄
  • ECGadget likes this

ECGadget

ECGadget
  • Club Member
  • 101 posts

Thankyou I did look at quite a few cars before I got that one and yeah I cant believe it overshadowed a clk55 amg at the car wash even the little fiesta st500 got more attention than the big merc just treated myself to a 500 related number plate too would have been rude not too really Im not going to tune it though just get all the engine and diff mint and next year will do everything underneath, the Missus wants a fester st now

A wise way to go! If you have not done so, perhaps create your project thread so we can all follow along as your build takes shape. I am looking to really get everything mint as well on mine - amazing how all the small things all start racking up the price...

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan

A wise way to go! If you have not done so, perhaps create your project thread so we can all follow along as your build takes shape. I am looking to really get everything mint as well on mine - amazing how all the small things all start racking up the price...

I dont actually know how/where to put the project thread 🤔 if you could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated 👍 and I know Ive already spent every spare penny I have for the next year 🤣 Im more interested in the running gear and engine though getting round corners is much more important than power 🥰

ECGadget

ECGadget
  • Club Member
  • 101 posts

I dont actually know how/where to put the project thread if you could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated and I know Ive already spent every spare penny I have for the next year Im more interested in the running gear and engine though getting round corners is much more important than power

https://www.focussto...s][forums][]=22

There you go!

That makes sense to me. I am looking to bring it up to 300bhp or thereabouts, but no more. Anything else is all related to getting it to be the best drive on the country roads. Diff, RS clutch, springs, rear ARB, new bushes, things like that. Top tyres are also key. I put Michelin PS4s on, and the difference was incredible. 

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Alan

https://www.focussto...s][forums][]=22

There you go!

That makes sense to me. I am looking to bring it up to 300bhp or thereabouts, but no more. Anything else is all related to getting it to be the best drive on the country roads. Diff, RS clutch, springs, rear ARB, new bushes, things like that. Top tyres are also key. I put Michelin PS4s on, and the difference was incredible. 

Thankyou Ill do it later when I finish work 👍 and that is definitely the best way to go handling/traction is often overlooked for power then people worry about that after 🙄 I would like a bit more power but I dont want to ruin the 500 by tuning her I was thinking of getting another engine tuning that and dropping it in lol 😂 and I got home with the car went straight on black circles and ordered a full set of yokies 🥰 all of our cars have yokies on even my work car 👍
  • NickFST3 and ECGadget like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users