Your pros and cons - Page 2 - Focus ST Mk4 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Your pros and cons

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 23104 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

Leon is perfectly entitled to relay his experiences and give his view, be it positive or negative.

It's down to the reader to judge whether his experiences are exceptional or represent the norm.

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.

How am I on the wrong site?! I have a Mk4 Focus ST... Do you own one also then?

I am not inventing the issues I stated, they are proven and hence why Ford exchanged the vehicle for another one.

Actually it was just a sarcastic joke, but Im guessing it went right over youre head. 😁
  • ST-FRD likes this

Tivver500

Tivver500
  • Forum User
  • 32 posts
  • Somerset
  • Chris
  • Owns:Kuga and TVR

Having ordered an ST Estate (with Auto) last year only to have it cancelled 3 days later.... Investigation (with Autocar Editor's help...) said that it had been withdrawn due to 'emissions issues' so I wonder if that has bitten again?

As I couldn't wait (for the vague possibility of the ST Auto appearing) I went for a Seat Leon Cupra ST with the DSG box. It has launch control (which I haven't tried yet...) and 4-wheel drive (which the ST doesn't) and is very impressive to drive and live with.

One bonus is that you can change pretty much anything with the VAGcom software so why do Ford block you from doing any of that?

The main attraction was a massive discount as a military veteran (rather than the 10% offer from Ford!!)

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Yeah but, Im guessing you still would rather have Focus ST, go on be honest. 😁

Eddyf93

Eddyf93
  • Forum User
  • 5 posts
  • Eddy
  • Owns:ST MK4

Having ordered an ST Estate (with Auto) last year only to have it cancelled 3 days later.... Investigation (with Autocar Editor's help...) said that it had been withdrawn due to 'emissions issues' so I wonder if that has bitten again?
As I couldn't wait (for the vague possibility of the ST Auto appearing) I went for a Seat Leon Cupra ST with the DSG box. It has launch control (which I haven't tried yet...) and 4-wheel drive (which the ST doesn't) and is very impressive to drive and live with.
One bonus is that you can change pretty much anything with the VAGcom software so why do Ford block you from doing any of that?
The main attraction was a massive discount as a military veteran (rather than the 10% offer from Ford!!)

I keep hearing a lot about the Leon cupra, are they pretty good deals on them at the minute?

The main reason I'm thinking focus ST is because I qualify for the Ford privilege scheme, so I can get one fully loaded for a very good price

i8gtmf

i8gtmf
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts
  • Derbyshire
  • Dave
  • Owns:Mk4 ST

I had a Mk 4 Magnetic St-Line before my current ST. I had the ST Line from December 2018, the only trouble I had was the Sync 3 system, I'd get out the car and the radio would still be on. Left it parked once for 3 hours and it was still, playing away to itself when we got back, screen froze, screen went blank etc.

Dealer told me a fix was on its way and notified me when it was ready, did the update no problems since.

Other than that both cars were fine, no rattles, no trim falling off, no dodgy paint everything's been great.

Mines a petrol ST and only just clocked 1000 miles, took it on a 300 mile round trip on a boring motorway, switched on the cruise control and it did 38 mpg which is fair enough, but I don't worry about fuel economy as I don't do a lot of personnel miles.

It's my first ST and I love it  :D

In-Collage-20200330-173756873-2.jpg

• Colm, goldring07, Dan Brook and 1 other like this

chrissyelse88

chrissyelse88
  • Forum User
  • 373 posts
  • Birmingham
  • chris
  • Owns:ST250
Enjoy it great cars love the colour

0 user(s) are reading this topic