2013 car delivered with parking sensors in bumper but no PDC system?! - Focus ST Mk3 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

2013 car delivered with parking sensors in bumper but no PDC system?!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PTwo

PTwo
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts
  • Peter
  • Owns:MK. 3

I'm looking at a car which has sensors in the rear bumper, but the owner says they sold them like that and it doesn't have the parking assistant installed.

Has anyone seen/heard of something like this before?  Do they even make dummy sensors for essentially filling holes in the bumper?

Thanks for any help,

Peter

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 132 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Not heard that one before, sounds to me like its had the bumper replaced, make sure you check inside the boot and under the rear for any damage.

gbgaz

gbgaz
  • Club Member
  • 286 posts

Sounds total hogwash to me... the kind of thing a pushy salesman would say!! Exactly as Kev says above, have a good look around, sounds like its had it replaced.

NickFST3

NickFST3

Previously nickst500

• Club Member
  • 5228 posts
  • Lincolnshire
  • Nick
  • Owns:Mk3.5 ST3

The bumpers come without sensors as standard & then you have to cut the holes to fit them. The holes are pre-marked on the inside of the bumper but that is it. I know this as I had to replace mine last year when it got hit. It also came pre-sprayed the right colour from Fords as well which was a nice surprise!

So if it has a bumper with sensors and no parking assistant then it has had a second hand bumper installed for some reason. As stated that needs to be checked in detail as to why!!

• gbgaz likes this

gbgaz

gbgaz
  • Club Member
  • 286 posts

The bumpers come without sensors as standard & then you have to cut the holes to fit them. The holes are pre-marked on the inside of the bumper but that is it. I know this as I had to replace mine last year when it got hit. It also came pre-sprayed the right colour from Fords as well which was a nice surprise!

So if it has a bumper with sensors and no parking assistant then it has had a second hand bumper installed for some reason. As stated that needs to be checked in detail as to why!!

You've just answered a question I asked on here a while ago Nick! Wasn't sure if ford supplied bumpers pre painted still!

EDIT - just checked back on the thread and you posted on there.. cheers for the info mate.

• NickFST3 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users