BD Performance - Page 6 - Focus ST Mk2 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

BD Performance

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Phill P

Phill P
  • Club Member
  • 548 posts
  • Paul
  • Owns:2006 st3

Yeah sorry mate, I forgot you've got the ST crossover fitted at present which will be obscuring the area i'm talking about :)

I've just had a feel around and your correct there is white valve and some sort of extra piping going on, tried to get a pic but all very blurry.
I can understand the idea of a bolt in the pipe idea now 💡👍🏻🔩

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Mart1976

Mart1976
  • Club Member
  • 3705 posts
  • Essex
  • Martin
  • Owns:ST225
Ive been speaking to a guy who's done this and he said he blanked off at the throttle body using a proper bung and secured clamp .so removing the whole return valve altogether .

Phill P

Phill P
  • Club Member
  • 548 posts
  • Paul

Ive been speaking to a guy who's done this and he said he blanked off at the throttle body using a proper bung and secured clamp .so removing the whole return valve altogether .

How did you do yours as you have the same crossover

Mart1976

Mart1976
  • Club Member
  • 3705 posts
  • Essex
  • Martin

How did you do yours as you have the same crossover

I've got a Facelift ..

Phill P

Phill P
  • Club Member
  • 548 posts
  • Paul

I've got a Facelift ..

Ah,... Damn whipper snapper lol.

NigelStap

NigelStap
  • Club Member
  • 3852 posts
  • Norwich
  • Nigel

That is the correct one we are talking about, if you follow it, it turns into a hard plastic pipe that travels along the right side of the block and reaches a T piece and T's off to a white check valve, then to the crossover connection. I've blocked the pipe that connects to the crossover crudely with a bolt wrapped in ptfe tape and then with insulation tape, to prevent leaks as a temp measure but i think Nigel's talking about blanking it off at the T piece before the white check valve...basically before where I have  blanked mine....does that make sense? It sounded ok in my head :lol:

That is what I meant.

Glad you got it sorted Phil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users