Decision Time - Page 3 - Focus ST Mk4 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Decision Time

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2693 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

If the suspension is a bit hard try this?

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

If that was all that was going to stop me owning an RS I'd happily have full pink fluffy seat covers as well!!

:lol:

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2693 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

Ive got and had german high performance cars for years. Quicker than an RS. They offer decent comfort and ultra performance because the driving modes and A.D are well calibrated. Its fords choice to fit rock hard suspension even though they use adaptive damping with drive modes. MK 4 ST isnt bad in normal even with 19 wheels

Dangerousdriver77

Dangerousdriver77
  • Forum User
  • 93 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Leon
  • Owns:Mk4

I will just say that the people who don't belong to a car forum probably enjoy their car more  :)

I couldn't agree more! I hate my Focus and cannot wait for Ford to take it back since I have rejected mine. Let's hope my replacement ST is more reliable!! 

• Jason Sullivan likes this

Dangerousdriver77

Dangerousdriver77
  • Forum User
  • 93 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Leon
  • Owns:Mk4

Im considering the same. Have you driven a mk3.5 RS? The ride is :censored:, probably as bad as mk2. ! Get a test drive over back roads first! would love one if not for that. Must be a 18 build to miss the faulty engines. No way I would buy an earlier one repaired or not. Couldnt hack an engine rebuilt by the average Ford garage

I have driven two in fact, and one only last week. Did I like it, absolutely. I am not bothered by the ride personally, but I do usually drive my ST in wet mode! 

My issue is that whilst the RS is undoubtedly a better car, in terms of heritage, driving experience etc, it did seem dated when I got in it compared to mine and I am not sure if I could do that. Plus, most have had the work done, and like you said I wouldn't be happy with that being done by an average tech at Ford. 

Ford have got me a like for like replacement ST in the same Frozen White, which I inspected last week and the panels are all ok, and the stereo sounded as it should. I have not driven it yet and will not be accepting it until I have. I can still back out of it and hand the car back with no penalty now, so I am still mulling it over. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users