Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave
  • Forum User
  • 2236 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Dave
  • Owns:ST225
Hi all

Going to put some feelers out there as to how many south westerners are actually using the forum to see whether it'd be worth trying to organise some meets.

If people just put their name, location and whether they're available for meets, weekdays, weekends, mornings, evening etc.

I'll start

Dave - Near Tewkesbury - open for suggestions but summer evenings and weekend breakfast meets work best for me.

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

kiemuloly

kiemuloly
  • Club Member
  • 2337 posts
  • Michael
  • Owns:Focus ST MK2
Mike-
Weston super mud
Sundays typically, possibly evenings

Now we shall see

Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave
  • Forum User
  • 2236 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Dave
I rest my case....

kiemuloly

kiemuloly
  • Club Member
  • 2337 posts
  • Michael
  • Owns:Focus ST MK2
I know there's at least one more, although not seen them active recently.

Might have something to do with this thing that's been going on... Christmas? :lol:

But yea, the Welsh lot a much more active and a good laugh. (If you don't mind the fact they're Welsh :))

WelshGeoff

WelshGeoff

South Wales Regional Rep

• Regional Rep
  • 7141 posts
  • God's Country
  • Geoff
  • Owns:a car

I rest my case....

Although I salute you Dave :bow:  for trying to get something organised in the SW, your being a little optimistic to expect a decent response in 4 days, especially over the holiday period buddy :yep:  You should have at least 3 members, including Michael, Michael's better half and Andy, with yourself, thats 4, which is a decent starting point. Once you have those people on board, arrange a neutral venue and a date. Ideally the date would be towards the end of January, which would give you the opportunity to build on those numbers, as people from the area notice there is a meet organised. 

One big tip i'd like to point out, is don't get hung up on FSTOC thing, what I mean by that, is if you know like minded car enthusiasts, who are former ST owners and now own an RS or a different brand or have never been a Ford owner but love to meet up, welcome them along, some of our most loyal S.Wales members fall into those brackets :yep:

If you do manage to get something organised, going forward and if it helps build interest/numbers, I know the S.Wales members would be more than happy to have a joint meet across the bridge in Bristol or the like.... just let us know :)

• Alb, Jason Sullivan and kiemuloly like this

Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave
  • Forum User
  • 2236 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Dave
The holidays is the only time I get to think about anything other than work 😂

Still got your ST then Geoff? Been a while now, you've had yours longer than ive had mine, I still remember coming over the bridge with a few of the SWW guys when I first got the car.

Hope you are well mate, would be good to see you on the right side of the bridge☺️

WelshGeoff

WelshGeoff

South Wales Regional Rep

• Regional Rep
  • 7141 posts
  • God's Country
  • Geoff

The holidays is the only time I get to think about anything other than work

Still got your ST then Geoff? Been a while now, you've had yours longer than ive had mine, I still remember coming over the bridge with a few of the SWW guys when I first got the car.

Hope you are well mate, would be good to see you on the right side of the bridge☺️

Yeah work can get in the way of organising meets, It's surprising how much time it takes to get meets organised, with people being away, working shifts or there's a big event on, all add to the complexity at times but the guys make it worth it. :yep:

It's a long story with regards to my ST :facepalm: technically you've owned yours longer than me, I sold mine in 2014, bought an S5 V8, then and E92 M3 and then bought the ST back in 2017 :lol: 

I still remember you coming over the bridge, you attended one of the first Black Mountain runs I organised https://www.focussto...n-11213/page-10

I'm good cheers mate, hope your well also, anything I can help with mate, give me a shout :) 

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2776 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

Yeah work can get in the way of organising meets, It's surprising how much time it takes to get meets organised, with people being away, working shifts or there's a big event on, all add to the complexity at times but the guys make it worth it. :yep:

It's a long story with regards to my ST :facepalm: technically you've owned yours longer than me, I sold mine in 2014, bought an S5 V8, then and E92 M3 and then bought the ST back in 2017 :lol:

I still remember you coming over the bridge, you attended one of the first Black Mountain runs I organised https://www.focussto...n-11213/page-10

I'm good cheers mate, hope your well also, anything I can help with mate, give me a shout :)

Bloody hell Geoff Gorka looks young in them photos from 2013...amazing the difference 6 years can make  :lol:  :lol:  Don't tell him I said that tho  :lol:

• WelshGeoff likes this

WelshGeoff

WelshGeoff

South Wales Regional Rep

• Regional Rep
  • 7141 posts
  • God's Country
  • Geoff

Bloody hell Geoff Gorka looks young in them photos from 2013...amazing the difference 6 years can make  :lol:  :lol:  Don't tell him I said that tho  :lol:

It was the anti - wrinkle filter on the camera which must of helped :lol: ...... ohhhh and im gunna tell him :lol:

• Jason Sullivan likes this

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2776 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

It was the anti - wrinkle filter on the camera which must of helped :lol: ...... ohhhh and im gunna tell him :lol:

:lol:  :facepalm:

• WelshGeoff likes this

AndyC71

AndyC71
  • Club Member
  • 493 posts
  • Somerset
  • Andy
  • Owns:CP340exMR290
Apologies, this time of year is really manic in food distribution.

Andy

Winscombe

4 on 4 off, nights....but can fit around working days as well.

PBL

PBL
  • Club Member
  • 250 posts
  • Phil
There's some activity in this area on the ST owners club on Farcebook, looks like they had a meet tonight and another organised at the end of this month.

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 242 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Hi people, Id be up for a meet or two, I do shift work, so I work different days each week, if you have a time and place in mind I can see if its viable.

Stmon1

Stmon1
  • Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • simon
  • Owns:Focus st-2

simon tewkesbury im availiable most eveninings and weekends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users