Dreamscience ST225 TXX Stage 4.5 package - 385bhp - Dreamscience Flash Tuning - Focus ST Owners Club

Dreamscience ST225 TXX Stage 4.5 package - 385bhp

- - - - - dreamscience stage 4 dreamscience stage 5 dreamscience hybrid turbo 385bhp

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Dreamscience Flash

Dreamscience Flash

Dreamscience Flash

• Sponsor
  • 2446 posts
  • Hull
  • Owns:ST225

81d999ff-c3b9-4fde-9aaa-a9fa59e97d71.jpg

Focus ST225 TXX Stage 4.5 package! Up to 385 Bhp and 410FtLb:  Supplied only: £2,695 (plus turbo surcharge) Supplied & fitted: £3,070

The latest K16/24 TXX Turbo upgrade! Dreamscience have worked closely with AET-Turbos over the last 3 months to co-develop a New generation of Hybrid Turbo upgrade and revolutionary software taking your Focus ST225 to a whole new level of unrivalled performance; excellent reliability and great value for money. This Stage 3 to 4.5 package has been designed to take your ST upto 385bhp and 410 Ftlbs torque on a non-forged engine. The TXX map power delivery is designed to keep climbing as you go through the rev range, there is no massive lump in the low to mid-range followed by the disappointment of losing all your power and boost. This map holds above 300Ftlb from 2000 rpm to just above 6500 rpm and has a very progressive / flat torque curve!

The package includes the following parts:

• DS-AET-K16/K24
  • HIGH FLOW FUEL PUMP
  • 550CC MULTI HOLE BOSCH FUEL INJECTORS, SET OF 5
  • TXX REMAP

Contact Us for more information »

TXX Stage 3 to Stage 4.5 Package Link

fccbb673-faad-41f8-a005-62bdc9f5dd95.jpg

K16/K24 Turbo: If your ST is already fitted with the 550cc Injectors and High Flow Fuel Pump, The K16/24 Turbo is available to purchase separately. Supplied only: £1,495 (plus turbo surcharge) Supplied & fitted: £1,790

Buy Now from £1,495.00 »

• Jared likes this

Full MK4.JPG

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

James Jack

James Jack
  • Banned
  • 877 posts
  • Jim
  • Owns:ST 225
Is the fuel pump necessary? Other tuners doing this conversion don’t use it. Do we get a rebate on the cost for you retaining our turbo?

Mart1976

Mart1976
  • Club Member
  • 3921 posts
  • Essex
  • Martin
So this safe to run with no bottom replacements required ?

Dreamscience Flash

Dreamscience Flash

Dreamscience Flash

• Sponsor
  • 2446 posts
  • Hull
Hi james yes as per the web listing once we send your unit off, if theres no damage we refund the full exchange fee.

Mart

No standard bottom end is fine, the only bottom needing changing is the drivers once they give it full beans 👍
  • Mart1976 and James Jack like this

Full MK4.JPG

Guzzle

Guzzle
  • Club Member
  • 80 posts
  • Les

Can somebody (DS or AET?) please post a dyno chart of the TXX setup. Can't find one anywhere. Thanks

Guzzle

Guzzle
  • Club Member
  • 80 posts
  • Les
Reason I am asking is I have had the TXX custom tuned locally. Am exceedingly happy with throttle feel, torque curve and urgency all way to the redline. Would just like to see a DS TXX map to compare and assure myself we have now optimised the setup. Attached File  DEB234BD-846A-47B1-A171-5CEB3AA49447.jpeg   122.63KB   0 downloads (Pic for fun)

McGherkin

McGherkin
  • Club Member
  • 195 posts
  • McGherkin
  • Owns:Disguised ST

Can you map this on the Volvo ECU as well?

Robbo

Robbo
  • Forum User
  • 4603 posts
  • Forster, NSW, Australia
  • Rob
  • Owns:ST225 RSlump

Should be able to but why not just get a K16 or K24?

McGherkin

McGherkin
  • Club Member
  • 195 posts
  • McGherkin

£2k for a K16 hybrid, injectors and mapping is not a bad deal and delivers what I want. It's only £1745+options on their website and I have pretty much everything else anyway.

JamieM

JamieM
  • Club Member
  • 2410 posts

I wish this existed when I got turbo x +. I was and I am still happy with the power difference from stock turbo (feels huge) but I would have naturally just gone straight for TXX.

It seems similar in price from memory but for a little extra bit of poke. We never had time on the day to get mine on the rollers at DS as had issues with my elevate heavy duty boost solenoid and it was getting late.

All I'd need is the turbo, fuel pump and map but id begrudgingly pay the extra on top as my hybrid couldn't have done more than 200 miles before I sorned the car, perhaps in the future after I've seen a few more cars running this long term I might. I also thought turbo x+ power was getting close to taking the wee wee on the stock ST lump with just block mod?

McGherkin

McGherkin
  • Club Member
  • 195 posts
  • McGherkin

Engines tend to die because of torque, temps or revs. We aren't revving the engine any higher so let's just worry about the first two.

Torque, well it's pegged back to K04 levels, so it shouldn't be making bananas out of the rods.

Temps, running something like a K04 hybrid at nearly 400bhp is going to generate a lot of heat. Even a K16 is working flat out at the 400bhp mark, but a K16/K24 hybrid is going to be relatively unstressed making 380-390bhp so it shouldn't get too hot in there.

It makes sense to me that running roughly the same torque as I currently make, but being able to make that same torque at higher revs, without spinning the :censored: out of a small turbo, won't add too much stress to the engine. I'm sure Dreamscience will chime in with their own thinking though.

Robbo

Robbo
  • Forum User
  • 4603 posts
  • Rob

You're not quite looking at it the right way. The hybrid K04 is spinning it's nuts off to do that because it's still a small frame turbo. It has to push big boost to overcome backpressure.

The larger frame K16 or 24 pushes the bigger air charge with far less backpressure so doesn't need to hit big pressure levels and creates less heat and stress.

McGherkin

McGherkin
  • Club Member
  • 195 posts
  • McGherkin

You're not quite looking at it the right way. The hybrid K04 is spinning it's nuts off to do that because it's still a small frame turbo. It has to push big boost to overcome backpressure.

The larger frame K16 or 24 pushes the bigger air charge with far less backpressure so doesn't need to hit big pressure levels and creates less heat and stress.

We're in agreement. By my understanding this kit uses a K16 turbo with a K24 compressor wheel, not a K04 with a K16 compressor wheel, so it should be a turbo that could ordinarily do well into the 400s but is used here at a relatively gentle 385 to avoid excessive heat.

Robbo

Robbo
  • Forum User
  • 4603 posts
  • Rob

No, the TXX is made from a K04. The picture in the first post is incorrect. Not sure if this was ignorance by the OP or intentional.

https://www.dreamsci...-k16-txx-turbo/

They use K16/24 wheels in K04 but I don't know what is cut and modified to get them to fit in the small compressor and how much of the extra size remains.

I think for your Volvo a larger K series will be easier to tune than a hybridised K04 frame, seeing that Volvo already used the K24 and there should be data the tuners can make use of.

I have a friend running the TXX and his car is pushing 30psi. It's on the DS correct map. That's to get up near 390Hp and the stock K16 will do that Hp all day without hitting more than around 20 or 21psi. It's simply shifting less stressed air.

A stock K16 can get up to 420Hp, a hybridised K16 takes things almost into 500 territory.....

I have a friend with an RS that has a TTE490 hybrid K16 and that makes way more power than a DS TXX. Elrapid!

McGherkin

McGherkin
  • Club Member
  • 195 posts
  • McGherkin
Oh I thought it was K16 based. Bummer.

I’d rather stick to a turbofold setup tbh as it keeps the downpipe bolting up in the same place and doesn’t give any clearance issues. So that would mean K16, but I’d probably run it closer to 360-370 due to the above.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dreamscience stage 4, dreamscience stage 5, dreamscience, hybrid turbo, 385bhp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users