Mk4 Orders - Page 42 - Focus ST Mk4 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Mk4 Orders

• Please log in to reply
624 replies to this topic

Stealth benji

Stealth benji
  • Forum User
  • 93 posts
  • Cheshire
  • Ben
  • Owns:ST250
Ill give it a good look over when I pick it up later this week. Is the orange different than European models in orange? Looking at different YouTube videos the orange colour seems to vary, or does it look different under different light conditions?

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Teescom09

Teescom09
  • Forum User
  • 509 posts
  • BT
  • Owns:Mk4

Ill give it a good look over when I pick it up later this week. Is the orange different than European models in orange? Looking at different YouTube videos the orange colour seems to vary, or does it look different under different light conditions?

No all mk4 are the same. Will look different under varying lighting but the panels should all match. Mine went very much lighter from front to rear doors then darkened up again along rear panels. Filler cap may as well of been white. Ripples around front edge of rear bumper at both sides. Seen a few like that. Current one is fine

Stealth benji

Stealth benji
  • Forum User
  • 93 posts
  • Cheshire
  • Ben
  • Owns:ST250
Picked her up, and loving her so far. Paintwork looks fine to me other than a slight ding on the edge of the front bumper which theyve agreed to sort without hesitation. Presumably happened on the compound somehow as it only had 14 miles on it.

Ive noticed a sort of random clicking noise that seems to happen when its off and parked though...

First time was when I cleaned it and was cleaning around the wheel arch area and the car made like a clicking/clunking type noise (sorry, hard to describe) and then today Im sat in the car waiting for me partner, ignition off, and the same type of clunking noise happened twice randomly from behind the dials area of the dash. Is this something to do with the alarm system/sensors maybe? Any ideas?

Its not causing me a problem its just bugging me as to what it is!

focuszetec

focuszetec
  • Club Member
  • 118 posts
  • Essex
  • Michael
  • Owns:MK4

Picked her up, and loving her so far. Paintwork looks fine to me other than a slight ding on the edge of the front bumper which theyve agreed to sort without hesitation. Presumably happened on the compound somehow as it only had 14 miles on it.

Ive noticed a sort of random clicking noise that seems to happen when its off and parked though...

First time was when I cleaned it and was cleaning around the wheel arch area and the car made like a clicking/clunking type noise (sorry, hard to describe) and then today Im sat in the car waiting for me partner, ignition off, and the same type of clunking noise happened twice randomly from behind the dials area of the dash. Is this something to do with the alarm system/sensors maybe? Any ideas?

Its not causing me a problem its just bugging me as to what it is!

Mine does that, get the occasional noise for about 20 - 30 minutes after the you turn the car off, think it is the electronics shutting stuff down, does the same when you open the doors and doing something without turning the engine on. Not causing any issues but can make you jump when your doing something under the bonnet!

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2692 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

Has the exhaust on the MK4 got a valve cos on the RS while car is idling you will hear a clicking noise as valve opens or closes. It also does it if you stand outside the car with it running and open or close the door.

It will also do it without the car running.

focuszetec

focuszetec
  • Club Member
  • 118 posts
  • Essex
  • Michael
  • Owns:MK4

No  there is not a valve on the exhaust.

Most of the clicking is coming from the engine bay, for me anyway. From all accounts it is normal.

• Jason Sullivan likes this

Teescom09

Teescom09
  • Forum User
  • 509 posts
  • BT
Anyone tried or doing a factory order? Reason I ask is things are happening around the 2021 emissions changes. It seems models manufacturers say are current are not when you come to order them. I have been informed the Fiesta ST is no more, the 1.5 engine no longer available as the reason. Dealer doesnt know when (or if) it will be back but hopes are it will be replaced by a hybrid. Wondering about the Focus ST Petrol? Makes you wonder if the likes of BMW releasing 3 versions of an M3/M4 is just marketing dream land.

Teescom09

Teescom09
  • Forum User
  • 509 posts
  • BT
Looking further into this it seems the closure of the Bridgend Engine plant is the end of the 1.5 Dragon engine. Its gone in Fiesta, Focus, Kuga and Mondeo. Replaced with 1.0 155 hybrid and 2.0 Hybrid. Could the Firsta ST become a higher power version of the 1.0 Hybrid and the Focus ST a Higher power version of the 2.0 Hybrid which is what the mk4 RS was rumoured to be? It seems to be heading that way.

Oscar1919

Oscar1919
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
  • stuart
  • Owns:focus st3

Have now had ST since May and pleasently surprised with it.When collected the steelers had fixed the front number plate over the front sensor and it had been valeted by an S. Wonder and an R.Charles but they did correct it all.As expected it does not do the mpg as stated,even though still running it in.Did expect this as the last one never did what it should have.But hey,we dont drive an ST for fuel economy do we.I find it better than the last three versions I had.Miss the door guards and full leather.Would have paid the extra,better than the door bungs.Price adjusted because of all the tech I suppose.

Badger

Badger
  • Forum User
  • 921 posts
  • beds
  • mick
  • Owns:f type s

Have now had ST since May and pleasently surprised with it.When collected the steelers had fixed the front number plate over the front sensor and it had been valeted by an S. Wonder and an R.Charles but they did correct it all.As expected it does not do the mpg as stated,even though still running it in.Did expect this as the last one never did what it should have.But hey,we dont drive an ST for fuel economy do we.I find it better than the last three versions I had.Miss the door guards and full leather.Would have paid the extra,better than the door bungs.Price adjusted because of all the tech I suppose.

i prefer part leather, i was never a fan of the full leather on my st3's but there was no option to have anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users