Mk4 Orders - Page 3 - Focus ST Mk4 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Mk4 Orders

• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

Ron240

Ron240
  • Forum User
  • 1999 posts

Ordered my ST on Saturday got all the extras apart from tow bar and heads up display . cost me £33000

I wouldn't have admitted to that. ;)
Seriously though, congratulations. :)
  • Alb and GYST76 like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

goonarmy

goonarmy
  • Banned
  • 314 posts
  • Dan
  • Owns:MK3 AUTO ST3
you can get a tow bar on a fast ford now?

MikeO

MikeO
  • Forum User
  • 449 posts
  • SW Scotland
  • Mike
  • Owns:I30N

you can get a tow bar on a fast ford now?

Now that it's not got a central exhaust :brow:

goonarmy

goonarmy
  • Banned
  • 314 posts
  • Dan
  • Owns:MK3 AUTO ST3

Now that it's not got a central exhaust :brow:

no fast ford has ever been type approved

Sentien

Sentien
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
  • Vincent
  • Owns:Fiesta MK7

Ok it only costs £250 on a petrol car, but compare that cost with what you actually get...

Track driving mode - not needed/very limited appeal

Shift indicator - definitely not needed

Launch control - novelty factor/limited appeal

Rev matching - useful on downchanges

Multi colour ambient light - most likely pick one then never change it again.

Its €1200 for the same pack over here... little bit :censored: off by this. Going to use that against the sales guy.

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2768 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

Ordered my ST on Saturday got all the extras apart from tow bar and heads up display . cost me £33000

Ouch  ;)

Teescom09

Teescom09
  • Forum User
  • 514 posts
  • BT
  • Owns:Mk4

When I bought my MK3.5 ST3 in 2016 with every option on it apart from heated steering wheel the price was £28K

Paid £23k for my ST3 with most extras in June 18, and 5 years 0% pcp. carwow.

I believe Ford have priced the new ST simply too high....but only time will tell if this affects sales.
It is £445 more expensive than the much more powerful class leader Civic Type R....although in terms of trim spec it is the GT model it needs to be directly compared with which retails at £33550. Regardless it is just too expensive for what it is.
I think dealers will need to be prepared to discount to £30k at the very least, which IMO is where Ford should have priced it in the first place.
I said in the past that I might consider coming back to a Mk.4 Focus ST at some point, but I just couldn't justify paying the money Ford are asking.....not when there are better cars from the likes of Audi and Mercedes for only a few grand more.
Like I already said though....it will come down to discounts. :)

Totally agree. No way would I pay over £30k for a ST , needs massive discounts to attract decent numbers after the blue oval eyed brigade get their few.

Plus why on earth would you part with money like that on a Focus that has not been reviewed or tested against the opposition, it could be :censored:.
  • goonarmy likes this

Teescom09

Teescom09
  • Forum User
  • 514 posts
  • BT
  • Owns:Mk4

Ouch  ;)

Double ouch and ouch, why didnt you wait a month for it to be on carwow?

Ron240

Ron240
  • Forum User
  • 1999 posts

Paid £23k for my ST3 with most extras in June 18, and 5 years 0% pcp. carwow.

Remember at this stage we can only compare full retail prices, and when you bought yours the price was £27810 basic price, so based on those figures you got an amazingly good discount.

I added up the full retail of a June 2016 ST3 with all options to just under £29k, so a similar 2018 model would be around £30k. 

Crazy money....so it will be all about dealer discounts or I think Ford wont sell many new ST's.

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2768 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

Double ouch and ouch, why didnt you wait a month for it to be on carwow?

Cos it wasn't me who paid 33k...I'm happy with my RS mate  :lol:

sagar.basutkar

sagar.basutkar
  • Forum User
  • 16 posts
  • Bas
  • Owns:ST 3.5
Ford Germany has Focus ST hatch and estate in the build configurator. The active dampers are showing as an option on the estate which is contrary to the spec sheet someone posted in one of the topics but is still good news..

MikeO

MikeO
  • Forum User
  • 449 posts
  • SW Scotland
  • Mike
  • Owns:I30N

Ford Germany has Focus ST hatch and estate in the build configurator. The active dampers are showing as an option on the estate which is contrary to the spec sheet someone posted in one of the topics but is still good news..

Looks like the standard model doesn't even get painted calipers!

sagar.basutkar

sagar.basutkar
  • Forum User
  • 16 posts
  • Bas
  • Owns:ST 3.5

Google translate failure..looks like CCD standard only on hatch as correctly reported earlier..

Ron240

Ron240
  • Forum User
  • 1999 posts

Looks like the standard model doesn't even get painted calipers!

You had me confused there Mike.....but then I figured you must be referring to the German spec model only. :)
  • MikeO likes this

Drmoore

Drmoore
  • Club Member
  • 51 posts
  • Darren
My performance blue mk4 was built yesterday
  • Shakey, Big Al 1982, petejba and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users