Mk4 Orders - Page 2 - Focus ST Mk4 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Mk4 Orders

• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

Ron240

Ron240
  • Forum User
  • 1999 posts
The new(petrol) ST is only £770 cheaper than the starting price of the outgoing RS model.
There is only one trim spec at the moment for the Mk.4, so just for comparison what was the last price of the Mk.3 ST3?
The December 2012 price of an ST3 was £25495, which was only a few months after launch.
No dealer discounts were available at launch......I know this because I enquired about one and bought a new Zetec S 182 instead.

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

ZeonAlarm

ZeonAlarm
  • Forum User
  • 9 posts
  • Zeon
  • Owns:Mustang 5.0

When I bought my MK3.5 ST3 in 2016 with every option on it apart from heated steering wheel the price was £28K

Ron240

Ron240
  • Forum User
  • 1999 posts

When I bought my MK3.5 ST3 in 2016 with every option on it apart from heated steering wheel the price was £28K

I just looked at a June 2016 price list and added up all the available options for an ST3(excluding BLIS because not sure if included in Driver Assistance Pack) and the price came to £28925.

This price does not include paint which would range from free up to £795.

ZeonAlarm

ZeonAlarm
  • Forum User
  • 9 posts
  • Zeon
  • Owns:Mustang 5.0

I just looked at a June 2016 price list and added up all the available options for an ST3(excluding BLIS because not sure if included in Driver Assistance Pack) and the price came to £28925.

This price does not include paint which would range from free up to £795.

Yes that sounds about right.

• Ron240 likes this

Ron240

Ron240
  • Forum User
  • 1999 posts

I believe Ford have priced the new ST simply too high....but only time will tell if this affects sales.

It is £445 more expensive than the much more powerful class leader Civic Type R....although in terms of trim spec it is the GT model it needs to be directly compared with which retails at £33550. Regardless it is just too expensive for what it is.

I think dealers will need to be prepared to discount to £30k at the very least, which IMO is where Ford should have priced it in the first place.

I said in the past that I might consider coming back to a Mk.4 Focus ST at some point, but I just couldn't justify paying the money Ford are asking.....not when there are better cars from the likes of Audi and Mercedes for only a few grand more.

Like I already said though....it will come down to discounts. :)

Nev

Nev
  • Club Member
  • 345 posts
  • Stone, Buckinghamshire
  • Nev
  • Owns:MK4 Diesel

Have ordered my TDCi today - Orange Fury, induction phone charging and heads up display. 

• zzipp2006 likes this

GaryST3

GaryST3
  • Club Member
  • 165 posts
  • Essex
  • Gary
  • Owns:MK4

Any one that ordered managed to get a good privilege price yet ? 

Sentien

Sentien
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
  • Vincent
  • Owns:Fiesta MK7

My local dealer is offering me £31k (€35K - Belgium) for a 2.3L petrol, minus performance pack and panoramic sunroof... 

sagar.basutkar

sagar.basutkar
  • Forum User
  • 16 posts
  • Bas
  • Owns:ST 3.5

is the 'continuously controlled damping' option only available on the hatchback and not on the estate models (based on existing brochures?). 

Ron240

Ron240
  • Forum User
  • 1999 posts

is the 'continuously controlled damping' option only available on the hatchback and not on the estate models (based on existing brochures?). 

According to the price list CCD is standard on the ST and optional on the Vignale, but in all cases 5 door only....so not available on the estate.

Ron240

Ron240
  • Forum User
  • 1999 posts

My local dealer is offering me £31k (€35K - Belgium) for a 2.3L petrol, minus performance pack and panoramic sunroof... 

Does this mean every option except performance pack and panoramic sunroof?

I don't know what the difference is in Fords retail pricing in Belgium compared with the UK, but £31k in the UK would still be too much money for this car IMO.

Nitemare

Nitemare
  • Club Member
  • 64 posts
  • Nigel
  • Owns:RS MK3 375

Does this mean every option except performance pack and panoramic sunroof?

I don't know what the difference is in Fords retail pricing in Belgium compared with the UK, but £31k in the UK would still be too much money for this car IMO.

Gotta have the Performance Pack ... SURELY!!!  :whistle:

• focus149 likes this

Ron240

Ron240
  • Forum User
  • 1999 posts

Gotta have the Performance Pack ... SURELY!!!  :whistle:

Ok it only costs £250 on a petrol car, but compare that cost with what you actually get...

Track driving mode - not needed/very limited appeal

Shift indicator - definitely not needed

Launch control - novelty factor/limited appeal

Rev matching - useful on downchanges

Multi colour ambient light - most likely pick one then never change it again.

Nitemare

Nitemare
  • Club Member
  • 64 posts
  • Nigel
  • Owns:RS MK3 375

Ok it only costs £250 on a petrol car, but compare that cost with what you actually get...

Track driving mode - not needed/very limited appeal

Shift indicator - definitely not needed

Launch control - novelty factor/limited appeal

Rev matching - useful on downchanges

Multi colour ambient light - most likely pick one then never change it again.

true to all i guess!!Should be STANDARD then!!!!

• Ron240 likes this

stevecoo

stevecoo
  • Forum User
  • 1 posts
  • Steve
  • Owns:BMW e46 M3
Ordered my ST on Saturday got all the extras apart from tow bar and heads up display . cost me £33000
  • Colm likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users