Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Anybody interested in meet and greet?

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Kingy340ST 
#1 ·
Hi all pretty quiet (dead) in the north west. Theres a guy on the RS site from the FiST site asking if anyone is interested in a meet at some point? If anyone is interested just put your name down and Ill pass the numbers over :)

#6 ·
Personally, I don't think its about the age of owners, which platform it's organised on or even what car you own, it's about someone starting something and trying to keep it going. Keeping people interested, means organising meets on a regular basis, even if only 1 or 2 people turn up but just as important is to make people feel welcome and part of something, I would personally feel like I've let someone down if they left one of our meets feeling unwelcome. I'm very lucky in that over the years, we have managed to attract and retain some great members, who have then brought other members with them, so long may it continue :cheers:

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Personally, I don't think its about the age of owners, which platform it's organised on or even what car you own, it's about someone starting something and trying to keep it going. Keeping people interested, means organising meets on a regular basis, even if only 1 or 2 people turn up but just as important is to make people feel welcome and part of something, I would personally feel like I've let someone down if they left one of our meets feeling unwelcome. I'm very lucky in that over the years, we have managed to attract and retain some great members, who have then brought other members with them, so long may it continue :cheers:
Remember that next time Geoff when you put me and G on a separate table at a breakfast meet...just because we own an RS :neener: :lol:

#10 ·
I think the hardest thing about trying to organise something in the north west is we don't have (that I know of) many decent roads to drive, Lake District and north wales is usually the roads I'll travel to get the cobwebs off. Would like to journey down and meet the South Wales group for a run over the black mountains (?) for a run, the pictures look stunning from what I've seen.

#11 ·
Yea, see that that region is quite busy and some great driving roads, maybe next year we could link in with them to arrange something if people are interested from the NW?

I think the hardest thing about trying to organise something in the north west is we don't have (that I know of) many decent roads to drive, Lake District and north wales is usually the roads I'll travel to get the cobwebs off. Would like to journey down and meet the South Wales group for a run over the black mountains (?) for a run, the pictures look stunning from what I've seen.

#19 ·
Sorry was drunk the field would be for camping for the night if I get any interest
I was thinking meet at Penrith then head over kirkstone pass and then over hardknock pass into eskdale then onto ennerdale for the night
Day 2 do Loweswater, Buttermere then over honister pass to keswick
If I have a few thats interested in camping I can also see if I can get potable toilets for us on the field
Camping will have a small have a little cost as it a farmer I know lol 👍
Im new here and nothing seems to be happening on the NW members????
We have the best roads 😉

#20 ·
Sorry was drunk the field would be for camping for the night if I get any interest
I was thinking meet at Penrith then head over kirkstone pass and then over hardknock pass into eskdale then onto ennerdale for the night
Day 2 do Loweswater, Buttermere then over honister pass to keswick
If I have a few thats interested in camping I can also see if I can get potable toilets for us on the field
Camping will have a small have a little cost as it a farmer I know lol 👍
Im new here and nothing seems to be happening on the NW members????
We have the best roads 😉
Camping is sorted out for £25
If I have a few interested
(With portable toilets)
(Water from the lake on tap)
I can sort this out for any date just would like to know if anyone would be interested ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.