3 replies to this topic

BenjyFST

BenjyFST
  • Forum User
  • 1200 posts
  • Northampton
  • Ben
  • Owns:CP320

I might be in a situation where I need to add business use to my insurance policy, if it makes a difference I'll only be doing a few miles but I don't think that matters.

Has anyone else added business use to their policy with AF in the past? and if so did they charge any extra/how much? I thought it's worth asking in case they decide to charge £xx + admin fees (which are biggest load of :censored: going in a digital age) when they've given it to others for free.

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

[email protected] FLUX

[email protected] FLUX
  • Sponsor
  • 372 posts

I might be in a situation where I need to add business use to my insurance policy, if it makes a difference I'll only be doing a few miles but I don't think that matters.

Has anyone else added business use to their policy with AF in the past? and if so did they charge any extra/how much? I thought it's worth asking in case they decide to charge £xx + admin fees (which are biggest load of :censored: going in a digital age) when they've given it to others for free.

Hi Benjy,

If you wished for us to look into this for you we can?  If you wished to message me your full name / postcode and let me know for what purpose the vehicle is now going to be used and if you need to increase the mileage as well?

Many thanks

Dan

anthony1664

anthony1664
  • Forum User
  • 67 posts
  • Dave
  • Owns:Mk3.5 ST-3
I added business cover to my last car a Mondeo ST and it brought the premium down!!! Have carried it over the the Focus, I also added it to my motorbike cost £30. I only use them for the odd trip to another site or collect or drop off the odd work thing enroute but it gives me the right cover which many don't have but could be caught out with if ever they had a claim or stop, many folk don't realise such wee trips even class as business use!

BenjyFST

BenjyFST
  • Forum User
  • 1200 posts
  • Northampton
  • Ben
  • Owns:CP320

I added business cover to my last car a Mondeo ST and it brought the premium down!!! Have carried it over the the Focus, I also added it to my motorbike cost £30. I only use them for the odd trip to another site or collect or drop off the odd work thing enroute but it gives me the right cover which many don't have but could be caught out with if ever they had a claim or stop, many folk don't realise such wee trips even class as business use!

I was going to wait for the email to come through so that I could screen shot it for proof but the lad on the phone told me it would cost £109 to add business use to my policy. I'm with Equity Red Star through Adrian Flux, I don't think I'll be bothering with them again when my renewal comes around! What a joke.

• goonarmy and proccy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users