- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Andytherooster

Andytherooster
  • Forum User
  • 530 posts
  • Derbyshire

Has anyone else seen a big rise in premiums lately?

I have been with Adrian Flux for over 10 years and had my ST225 for 7 of those.

My insurance with all mods has always been approx. £500.00.

This year - £850.00 (no changes, claims or convictions etc...)

bit dissapointed to say the least.

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Dennis

Dennis
  • Forum User
  • 11382 posts
  • Sheffield
Strange how despite the insurers constantly slagging of the so called 'ambulance chasers' (with whom the insurers were happy to sell PI leads and now form ABS' with) cutting their recoverable cost costs, restrict how claims are handled that cuts claims cost which have reduced claims cost, yet despite this premiums rise?

The latest bit of propogander on the news were they try and 'sell' to the masses that restricting the compensation an injured party gets just because they sustained the injury in a car and cut sols costs even more so they effectively restrict the injured parties right to legal representation and leave them at the will of the insurer etc. will supposedly save the motorists about £40 each in premiums, that is about £1bn but the claims cost will be reduced by about £200bn, so where does the extra £199bn go?
  • Mick.M likes this

Dan Brook

Dan Brook
  • Club Member
  • 43 posts
  • Dan
  • Owns:ST Mk4

Strange how despite the insurers constantly slagging of the so called 'ambulance chasers' (with whom the insurers were happy to sell PI leads and now form ABS' with) cutting their recoverable cost costs, restrict how claims are handled that cuts claims cost which have reduced claims cost, yet despite this premiums rise?
The latest bit of propogander on the news were they try and 'sell' to the masses that restricting the compensation an injured party gets just because they sustained the injury in a car and cut sols costs even more so they effectively restrict the injured parties right to legal representation and leave them at the will of the insurer etc. will supposedly save the motorists about £40 each in premiums, that is about £1bn but the claims cost will be reduced by about £200bn, so where does the extra £199bn go?

£200billion? That's £3000 for every person in Britain. Think your maths or figures may be a little out...

mansell

mansell
  • Forum User
  • 233 posts
  • darren
  • Owns:ST225

mines gone up again shop round tell them to stick it,need a bit of loyalty 

[email protected] FLUX

[email protected] FLUX
  • Sponsor
  • 372 posts

Hi,

Whilst premiums in general have increased substantially over the last 12 months I'm surprised the jump is so high in your case. If you'd like to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a look into this for you.

Regards,

Dan.

mansell

mansell
  • Forum User
  • 233 posts
  • darren
  • Owns:ST225

which details would you like id love a different insurance company that values customers that are loyal ?

Dennis

Dennis
  • Forum User
  • 11382 posts
  • Sheffield

£200billion? That's £3000 for every person in Britain. Think your maths or figures may be a little out...

That is including the saving from increasing the small claim limit all general damages, not just RTA, that does not (certainly the ramifications to the public) seem to get get mentioned in the propogander

See the attached showing what happened since the insurers last got their way.. Not only did the insurers not pass on the promised savings, the legislasltion changed the way solicitors fees were pad such that the increment injured party now often had to pay fees/deductions from their compensation :0(

Dan Brook

Dan Brook
  • Club Member
  • 43 posts
  • Dan
  • Owns:ST Mk4

That is including the saving from increasing the small claim limit all general damages, not just RTA, that does not (certainly the ramifications to the public) seem to get get mentioned in the propogander
See the attached showing what happened since the insurers last got their way.. Not only did the insurers not pass on the promised savings, the legislasltion changed the way solicitors fees were pad such that the increment injured party now often had to pay fees/deductions from their compensation :0(

Not really sure what you're talking about. The uk motor insurance sector does not turn over £200 BILLION per year. £200 million maybe.

Also, nothing attached.

Dennis

Dennis
  • Forum User
  • 11382 posts
  • Sheffield

Not really sure what you're talking about. The uk motor insurance sector does not turn over £200 BILLION per year. £200 million maybe.
Also, nothing attached.

The £40 a year per car policy is over £1bn so it is way more than £200m.

As I wrote above the savings also includes savings on other liability insurance where the lower value claims will fall wit thing the small claims track so sols will receive little fees meaning the innocent injured party will no longer have access to legal assistance/representation to stand up to the defendants insurer who can spend whatever they want on legal assistance to defend an action.

Talk about thread drift ;0)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users