Coloured Oval Ford Badge for bonnet and boot - Where to buy? (Focus ST Mk3 2013) - Focus ST Mk3 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Coloured Oval Ford Badge for bonnet and boot - Where to buy? (Focus ST Mk3 2013)

Badge Oval Red Ford badge Mk3

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Mr. Mills

Mr. Mills
  • Forum User
  • 12 posts
  • James
  • Owns:ST250
I have a corroded Ford oval badge on my boot (has the spider web effect) and I want to change it for a red badge instead.

Anyone know where I can get one? I've checked eBay and can't find one...

Feel free to link me up if you have come across any!

P.s. I dont want stickers to go over the rear badge as its the silver edging that has gone.. But may consider one for the front if anyone knows of a good site?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, this is my first post, don't roast me too much 😂
  • sally09 likes this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

CookieM

CookieM
  • Forum User
  • 241 posts

Doubt you'll find one in any other than the standard colour. Here's an original one...

http://www.fordparts...4_f_1717503.htm

Can get gel badges from here http://motormodz.co.uk

EDIT: also... welcome :)

• WilliamWallace likes this

oobster

oobster
  • Forum User
  • 605 posts
  • Andy

Welcome to the site James!

I don't think you can purchase a whole badge in red, you'd need to get a replacement blue & silver oval badge (a Ford dealer MAY, if my memory serves me correctly, replace for free depending on the age of the car) then put a red gel oval over the top of the blue bit.

I've used [email protected]yahoo.com (email them) for gel oval badges and round wheel centre gel badges in the past. Quick delivery, reasonable quality.

ste1990

ste1990
  • Forum User
  • 1632 posts
  • steven
  • Owns:185Diesel

Welcome to the site James!

I don't think you can purchase a whole badge in red, you'd need to get a replacement blue & silver oval badge (a Ford dealer MAY, if my memory serves me correctly, replace for free depending on the age of the car) then put a red gel oval over the top of the blue bit.

I've used [email protected]yahoo.com (email them) for gel oval badges and round wheel centre gel badges in the past. Quick delivery, reasonable quality.

Thats correct about the replacement badge Andy, apparently they will do it up to when the car is 10 years old! 

Also Motormodz do gel overlays aswell 

Mr. Mills

Mr. Mills
  • Forum User
  • 12 posts
  • James
Thanks for the advice all!

I assumed (going on the history of how tight Renault were to me with my Gordini) they would say it was wear and tear!

I will pop up there tomorrow and see if they'll change it for me! If they do,I will get the vinyl stickers! Quite like the "Hoonigan" one 😜

ste1990

ste1990
  • Forum User
  • 1632 posts
  • steven

I assumed (going on the history of how tight Renault were to me with my Gordini) they would say it was wear and tear!

I will pop up there tomorrow and see if they'll change it for me! If they do,I will get the vinyl stickers! Quite like the "Hoonigan" one

I could be wrong here, but think when they stopped DMB graphics doing them, they brought it out on the bases customers have no excuse to get gel badges. 

Mr. Mills

Mr. Mills
  • Forum User
  • 12 posts
  • James
Here's an update: Been to my local ford dealer, they said they will contact the warranty team to see if they will accept it and change the badge under warranty...

But he said, they sent one off the week before and they declined to change it under warranty...

Sounds a bit tight (even though yes I could buy one for approx £15), considering there is obviously an issue with the badges corroding.

Will let you know what they come back to me with.

XenoouST

XenoouST
  • Banned
  • 3551 posts

Ford replace them on cars under 10 years old, end of...

I had mine done so did so many others on the forum.

ST-3VE

ST-3VE
  • Forum User
  • 735 posts
  • Here There Everywhere
  • Steve
I replaced my rear badge by buying it from the local Ford dealer, they never offered to check it would be replaced under warranty, and he asked for the reg number so he knew it was under 10yrs old.

ste1990

ste1990
  • Forum User
  • 1632 posts
  • steven

I replaced my rear badge by buying it from the local Ford dealer, they never offered to check it would be replaced under warranty, and he asked for the reg number so he knew it was under 10yrs old.

Jobsworth? id imagine so, based on how old the car could be haha! 

ST-3VE

ST-3VE
  • Forum User
  • 735 posts
  • Here There Everywhere
  • Steve

Jobsworth? id imagine so, based on how old the car could be haha! 

I wasn't prepared to argue over £12.50 and it took me less than 5 mins to fit and cost me nothing in labour 😉

Janner

Janner
  • Forum User
  • 1814 posts
  • Oxford
  • Ian

I will pop up there tomorrow and see if they'll change it for me! If they do,I will get the vinyl stickers! Quite like the "Hoonigan" one

You had a Renault Gordini. That's showing your age. I had one back in the late 80's and it wast a complete rust bucket. Bags of fun Hoo ing through the forest where I used to live. Totalled it in the end but great fun while it lasted :)

ste1990

ste1990
  • Forum User
  • 1632 posts
  • steven

I wasn't prepared to argue over £12.50 and it took me less than 5 mins to fit and cost me nothing in labour

No i wouldn't, an they would probably charge you labour anyway! An probably fit upside down :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Badge, Oval, Red, Ford badge, Mk3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users