Email quote not accurate

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

zafira

zafira
  • Forum User
  • 1549 posts
Got an online quote from Adrian flux for £450, thought that's great as my renewal was £800 for another company, and it says in the email that customers can save upto 20% by phoning them up. So did exactly that, was going fine until asked what the horsepower increase was on the car (220 standard to 320 now) and was told my new premium was £1300 :(

She managed to get it down to £889 but that's still miles away from £450, where did they even get that figure from.................ohh and apparently I don't qualify for the flexi drive policy either :cry:

Paid the £889 anyway as now all my mods are declared so I'm a little happier but wasn't what I was expecting this morning :nope:

Can you shine any light on this @[email protected] FLUX

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

[email protected] FLUX

[email protected] FLUX
  • Sponsor
  • 372 posts

Hi David,

Thanks for the message.

Unfortunately if the vehicle is modified we do need to know the new BHP of the vehicle, did you declare this on the modification form online? As it sounds like it was declared over the telephone hence the increase in price. 

We do always confirm everything over the phone too, to ensure all information is disclosed and is accurate - It's a rarity that a premium will go up but with things such as a BHP increase this can have an impact on the premium.

If you can PM me your details I'm more than happy to take a look into what made the rate increase.

Kind regards,

Dan.

zafira

zafira
  • Forum User
  • 1549 posts
Thanks for that Dan, I'll send the policy number over to you ASAP, there isn't actually a section on the online quote for the bhp increase, well from what I seen anyway, only the section to list the modifications :(

JAMMY77

JAMMY77
  • Forum User
  • 725 posts

@zafira just off the phone to them- online £350,.actually turned into £496!!!!

zafira

zafira
  • Forum User
  • 1549 posts
@JAMMY77 I know mate, I jumped the gun and paid for the policy before I got a quote from another company, they quoted me £549 so decided to cancel my policy with flux that hadn't even started yet and they charged me £65 for the privilege of getting my own money back without ever providing me with cover!!!!! I'm not to impressed Tbh :thumbsdown:

JAMMY77

JAMMY77
  • Forum User
  • 725 posts

@zafira who did you end up going with?

zafira

zafira
  • Forum User
  • 1549 posts

@zafira who did you end up going with?

Greenlight mate, heard mixed reviews but thought I'd give them a shot :)

JAMMY77

JAMMY77
  • Forum User
  • 725 posts

Greenlight mate, heard mixed reviews but thought I'd give them a shot :)

Theyve been spot on with me in the past and I was with them til I had the hair brained idea of selling up!!

Changed my mind now!

• zafira likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users