[Answered] Rotating photo uploads. - Ask the Staff | Focusstoc.com Forum Issues - Focus ST Owners Club

Rotating photo uploads.

- - - - - photo upload rotating

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Bone9

Bone9
  • Forum User
  • 773 posts

Why do some of my photos rotate when uploading from my mobile? It's very annoying and I can't sort them out.

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 7017 posts
  • Scottish Borders
  • Allan
  • Owns:ST225

iPhone by any chance?

If so I'll quote Rich.

"When an iPhone photo is taken it records loads of information (date, time, location etc.) but also phone orientation. This is why it will show correctly on your devices and possibly other websites.

However, we elect to strip the info when you upload a photo (so that members cannot see the date, time, location etc.) and this means the orientation is also stripped.

The "correct" orientation for taking  photo's with a iPhone is either home button at the bottom for portrait mode, or volume buttons top right for landscape mode.

The software does not change anything when you upload the photo, it just shows the image as it is."

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 7017 posts
  • Scottish Borders
  • Allan

Another member posted this.

"............. I had to save the photo to the computer then right click the picture and go to properties, then click the middle tab I blieve and it says as the bottom remove something, it will then create a duplicate and then upload that duplicate ).gif hope that helps"

Bone9

Bone9
  • Forum User
  • 773 posts
No buddy it's a Samsung note 4. Can't they add in a feature so we can rotate them?

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 7017 posts
  • Scottish Borders
  • Allan

Sorry, but no. I'll quote Rich again lol

"It is completely out of our hands, we do not write the software that the forum uses"

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 7017 posts
  • Scottish Borders
  • Allan

However, you can do it yourself by simply uploading the image to your PC/Mac then editing it. 

Attached File  post-93338-0-08294300-1432732290.jpg   293.36KB   0 downloads

Bone9

Bone9
  • Forum User
  • 773 posts
Yeah cheers Alan it's just I'm mostly on my phone or tablet. It's hassle booting up the laptop etc.

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 7017 posts
  • Scottish Borders
  • Allan

Yeah cheers Alan it's just I'm mostly on my phone or tablet. It's hassle booting up the laptop etc.

Then hold your phone the proper way when taking the pictures then :lol:

BTW it was news to me when Rich explained it :lol:

Bone9

Bone9
  • Forum User
  • 773 posts
Lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered, photo, upload, rotating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users