FF Convoy - Southerners - Wheatley Services M40 - Ford Fair 2014 - Focus ST Owners Club

FF Convoy - Southerners - Wheatley Services M40

south convoy fair meet wheatley services

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

mrlong

mrlong
  • Forum User
  • 189 posts
  • West Sussex
  • James
  • Owns:ST225

Hi All.

Thought it's best to put plans for a convoy up here to allow all from the South to see.

As everyone would probably attack this in lots of different routes depending on where in south you are, I thought perhaps we could all meet at a car park on the last leg of the journey. One of the lads (Goz28) suggested Wheatley Services, Oxford, along the M40 which is the motorway which will take us to Silverstone. This way we can all gather for a chat and some breakfast and everyone has somewhere to wait if they're making too much progress!! 

So, I'll be aiming to arrive by 7am 6:30am and we have discussed that we will leave the services at 7:45 7 to allow us time to drive to, queue, and park at Silverstone.

If everyone could write if they're up for meeting here, it would be nice to get a few people involved (please also link to other southern members who may not see this!) 

Cheers 

James

*Edit to change times as discussed with other members

(Admin, If you'd prefer me to put this in the south central forum please feel free to move it, but thought it was best to put here to allow all southern members to see).

Edited by mrlong, 15 July 2014 - 10:26.

• Goz28, lewis92 and Mc3684 like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

lewis92

lewis92
  • Forum User
  • 1120 posts
  • Oxfordshire
  • Lewis
  • Owns:ST225 (400R)
As you are already aware im more than happy meeting here however we may want to leave earlier than the 07:45 time you stated as the traffic will be terrible for getting on stand lol

mrlong

mrlong
  • Forum User
  • 189 posts
  • West Sussex
  • James

tbh mate I've never been so not quite sure how it all works! - just no one had organised anything for the south lot so thought I'd give it a punt. ( Also I don't even have a stand pass  :cry: )

Any suggestion on time?

Mixed Blessing

Mixed Blessing
  • Forum User
  • 90 posts
  • Aylesbury
  • Jonny
There doesn't seem to be anyone in my region, central, that is close by. So I would happily meet you guys at Wheatley services as it only bout 20 mins away. Be good to be part of a convoy!
  • lewis92 and Mc3684 like this

Goz28

Goz28
  • Forum User
  • 193 posts

tbh mate I've never been so not quite sure how it all works! - just no one had organised anything for the south lot so thought I'd give it a punt. ( Also I don't even have a stand pass  :cry: )

Any suggestion on time?

If we meet at Wheatley Services for 7:00ish and aim to leave for 7:15ish that gives us 30 minutes drive up to Silverstone to start the queuing! The club staff don't usually like us arriving at the club stand earlier than 8AM, so parking up a little after that will keep us on their good side! :lol:

If you don't have a stand pass, I don't think you can get in until about 9 though. :sleeping:

• lewis92 and Mc3684 like this

Ziffbobbit

Ziffbobbit
  • Forum User
  • 2086 posts
I would love to meet up for this but atm I don't know when my car will be back. Can u pay on the gate as I'm not that fussed about being on the "stand" this year.

Even getting in at 9 last year was fine hardly had to que, just had to listen to T5josh popping his exhaust all the way in lol, and then got told off on the way out for the same thing lol.

lewis92

lewis92
  • Forum User
  • 1120 posts
  • Oxfordshire
  • Lewis

Any suggestion on time?

As Allan said aim to leave for 07:15 which then gives us some time to travel upto silverstone :)

SubeST

SubeST
  • Forum User
  • 156 posts

As you know James, my bro and I are in ;)

• st-ty, lewis92 and Mc3684 like this

st-ty

st-ty
  • Forum User
  • 157 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Ty

count me in!

• lewis92, Mc3684 and SubeST like this

mrlong

mrlong
  • Forum User
  • 189 posts
  • West Sussex
  • James

Changed the times on this (Sorry people who have to travel from far away... early morning for us :yawn: )

• Goz28 likes this

Mc3684

Mc3684
  • Forum User
  • 93 posts
As disgust with lewis92 I'm up for meeting there
  • lewis92 likes this

lewis92

lewis92
  • Forum User
  • 1120 posts
  • Oxfordshire
  • Lewis
There seems to be two threads on this ATM, Are we leaving at 07:00 is that ok with everyone?
http://www.focusstoc...ing-area/page-2
  • Mc3684 likes this

mrlong

mrlong
  • Forum User
  • 189 posts
  • West Sussex
  • James

There seems to be two threads on this ATM, Are we leaving at 07:00 is that ok with everyone?
http://www.focusstoc...ing-area/page-2

Yeah sorry I thought it was a good idea to create one in the general ford fair section so we can appeal to not only south east but any others going past Wheatley. But it has got a bit confusing  :unsure:

Yes 7pm am* is good.

*ninja edit

Edited by mrlong, 21 July 2014 - 07:38.

• lewis92 likes this

07stash

07stash
  • Forum User
  • 2733 posts
  • Reading
  • Ashley

Yes 7pm is good.

7pm it'll be all over by then ;) :rofl:

lewis92

lewis92
  • Forum User
  • 1120 posts
  • Oxfordshire
  • Lewis
Haha didn't see that, 7am I hope :)
  • 07stash and Mc3684 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: south, convoy, fair, meet, wheatley, services

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users