34 replies to this topic

J3HWL

J3HWL
  • Forum User
  • 27 posts
  • Llanelli
  • Jon
  • Owns:ST225

i posted up earlier in another section and got directed to you fine welsh people!

anyone know a place in south wales that does the block mod? or somewhere i can get the parts needed to have my mechanic fit?

(i don't own a mechanic..... he's just my :censored:)

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Liquidfox

Liquidfox
  • Forum User
  • 12607 posts
  • Newcastle
  • Martin
  • Owns:F30 335d

BD opened a shop in South Wales I believe, not sure if they do the block mod yet though?

J3HWL

J3HWL
  • Forum User
  • 27 posts
  • Llanelli
  • Jon

BD? i'll have to have a look into that. cheers

Liquidfox

Liquidfox
  • Forum User
  • 12607 posts
  • Newcastle
  • Martin
  • Owns:F30 335d

BD? i'll have to have a look into that. cheers

BD Performance.

• J3HWL likes this

flower66

flower66
  • Forum User
  • 1370 posts
  • South Wales
Yes, BD Performance are in the process of opening a facility down in Gelli near Tonypandy in the Rhondda. Not open yet as I think they have only just transferred the rollers down here. It'll be a few weeks before it's open, but yes I think they'll be doing the block mod too.
I think the block mod parts are available from Dreamscience mail order so you can get the mod done at your local garage.
  • dave.prewett likes this

Jeff B

Jeff B
  • Club Member
  • 615 posts
  • S.Wales
  • Jeff

Dropped the car off this morning at BD performance, getting the cambelt, and block mod done, met James and his beast of an St. 

• st daz likes this

Josh90

Josh90
  • Forum User
  • 1542 posts
  • Josh

Dropped the car off this morning at BD performance, getting the cambelt, and block mod done, met James and his beast of an St.

How much for the work buddy if you dont mind me asking ?
  • Scooter32 likes this

Jeff B

Jeff B
  • Club Member
  • 615 posts
  • S.Wales
  • Jeff

How much for the work buddy if you dont mind me asking ?

Not at all Josh, it is £650 this is what is included.

-Ford Head Gasket

-Both aux belts
-Ford Cambelt Kit
-All new seals
-Turbo & Inlet manifold gaskets
-Stainless Steel Shims
-Head skimmed
-Coolant change
-Oil and filter changed

Josh90

Josh90
  • Forum User
  • 1542 posts
  • Josh

Not at all Josh, it is £650 this is what is included.

-Ford Head Gasket
-Both aux belts
-Ford Cambelt Kit
-All new seals
-Turbo & Inlet manifold gaskets
-Stainless Steel Shims
-Head skimmed
-Coolant change
-Oil and filter changed

Ok dude cheers .. what millege and year is your car then ?

Jeff B

Jeff B
  • Club Member
  • 615 posts
  • S.Wales
  • Jeff

Ok dude cheers .. what millege and year is your car then ?

Your welcome, Mine is an 07 plate and has just turned 50,000. 

Josh90

Josh90
  • Forum User
  • 1542 posts
  • Josh

Your welcome, Mine is an 07 plate and has just turned 50,000.

Is your car modded or standard ? Mines 06 plate with 44k on the clock not sure if i need the block mod done just yet

Dabhand16

Dabhand16
  • Club Member
  • 5118 posts
  • Dunstable Bedfordshire

Is your car modded or standard ? Mines 06 plate with 44k on the clock not sure if i need the block mod done just yet

Only a couple of days ago I saw a post on here where the liners had cracked on a standard engine with only 35k on the clock...........

Josh90

Josh90
  • Forum User
  • 1542 posts
  • Josh

Only a couple of days ago I saw a post on here where the liners had cracked on a standard engine with only 35k on the clock...........

Oh god nightmare ... but then i guess people have not had the block mod done at all i just guess its who has the luck on there side !!

Dabhand16

Dabhand16
  • Club Member
  • 5118 posts
  • Dunstable Bedfordshire

Oh god nightmare ... but then i guess people have not had the block mod done at all i just guess its who has the luck on there side !!

FWIW - I had the block mod done at 89k miles after running stage 2 for several years and stage 3 for a short time.  Deep down I thought that if it was going to go, it would have done so by now, but I had it done partly because I'd gone to stage 3, and I think it is a good selling point when the time comes.  I don't think that it can recover the money outlay, but I had it done when I had the cambelt and aux belts changed so it was only around £200 extra, and for me it was good value for peace of mind.

• Jeff B and st daz like this

Jeff B

Jeff B
  • Club Member
  • 615 posts
  • S.Wales
  • Jeff

Just have a intercooler, and bluefin stage 2. Was going to get the cambelt done anyway, so i thought might as well get the block mod done at the same time, it's just for peace of mind really.

Yes, shame that, could happen to anyone, for a couple of hundred quid, best be safe than sorry, last year i said nah, block mod what a waste of money, but then changed my mind when a couple of standard engines failed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users