• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

VSAdmin

VSAdmin
  • Administrator
  • 205 posts
  • Philip
  • Owns:None

Please welcome our newest Supporting Vendor - Diode Dynamics!

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

jon raines

jon raines
  • Forum User
  • 378 posts
  • Peterborough
  • jonathan
  • Owns:ST225
What do they do?

Liquidfox

Liquidfox
  • Forum User
  • 12607 posts
  • Newcastle
  • Martin
  • Owns:F30 335d

No intro story? Links? I miss Jim :lol:

• Nathan, dj_kel, Jared and 1 other like this

Jared

Jared

Not the Jared from DreamScience

• Club Staff
  • 8074 posts
  • Littlehampton W,Sussex
  • Jared
  • Owns:None

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/

Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics
  • Sponsor
  • 70 posts
  • Saint Louis
  • Nick
We are very pleased to be a part of this community! I look forward to becoming an active, helpful member of this forum and getting to know all of you better. 

I appreciate all of your support for Diode Dynamics, and I am excited to show you the products we carry for the Focus. 

Please feel free to contact us at anytime with any lighting related questions. Whether you are inquiring about our products or just want to learn more about lighting in general, we are here to help. 

Here is a link to the Research section on our site: http://www.diodedyna...e/research.html

If you've purchase from us before, be sure to post up some pictures to receive "Diode Points" for a discount off your next order. 

Nick C.
Sales Manager 
Diode Dynamics
(314) 205-3033 

• Liquidfox likes this

Nathan

Nathan

Formerly known as wabbit1

• Forum User
  • 2791 posts
Will their bulbs even fit a 2010 Euro (UK) spec ST? Had a quick look but nothing concrete :unsure:

Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics
  • Sponsor
  • 70 posts
  • Saint Louis
  • Nick

Will their bulbs even fit a 2010 Euro (UK) spec ST? Had a quick look but nothing concrete :unsure:

I don't foresee any fitment issues with the UK spec vs. US spec 

They use the same sized bulbs from the factory, but if you ever have questions about fitment, send us an email: [email protected] 

We can help you find exactly what you are looking for

Thanks!

Nick C.

• Nathan likes this

Sean B

Sean B

Whipping Boy

• Club Staff
  • 13225 posts
  • Oop north
  • Swifty
  • Owns:AMG C43

I selected Ford > Focus > Rear Turn and was given a choice of LEDs. The bulbs in my 2012 Focus are incandescent bulbs.... even though I have actually replaced these with LED bulbs the fitting is the same as the incandescent bulb.

Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics
  • Sponsor
  • 70 posts
  • Saint Louis
  • Nick

I selected Ford > Focus > Rear Turn and was given a choice of LEDs. The bulbs in my 2012 Focus are incandescent bulbs.... even though I have actually replaced these with LED bulbs the fitting is the same as the incandescent bulb.

We will be updating the listings once we have a 2012 in for testing, but if there is ever a doubt about a size or fitment, send an email to: [email protected] and we can help you find exactly what you are looking for

Nick C.

Sean B

Sean B

Whipping Boy

• Club Staff
  • 13225 posts
  • Oop north
  • Swifty

I don't wish to appear rude, but it has nothing to do with the car. It has to do with the fitment. The LED bulbs that I bought weren't specifically for my car, but to replace an incandescent bulb of a certain fitment. The bulbs shown on your website would not fit a UK Focus of any year.

Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics
  • Sponsor
  • 70 posts
  • Saint Louis
  • Nick

I don't wish to appear rude, but it has nothing to do with the car. It has to do with the fitment. The LED bulbs that I bought weren't specifically for my car, but to replace an incandescent bulb of a certain fitment. The bulbs shown on your website would not fit a UK Focus of any year.

I appreciate the information, is there anyway you could send pictures of those bulbs to us? I can match incandescent bulbs to LED equivalents if you send us pictures ([email protected])

We don't have access to a UK-spec Focus, but I'm certain we have bulbs that will fit

You're not being rude at all, it's very helpful to us. We want to make sure our site is accurate to prevent any fitment or installation trouble

Nick C. 

Sean B

Sean B

Whipping Boy

• Club Staff
  • 13225 posts
  • Oop north
  • Swifty

From the manual for the Mk3 Focus (2012 onwards in the UK):

Attached File  Bulbs.png   12.98KB   1 downloads

A quick Google of each fitment type will lead you to more details. For example, these are the rear indicator (turn signal) bulbs that I bought (along with some resistors for reasons you describe on your website, the Mk3 Focus doesn't have a replaceable flasher unit):

http://www.autobulbs...d-led-bulb.html

Bulldogburton

Bulldogburton
  • Forum User
  • 75 posts
  • Sevenoaks
  • Lee
Surely postage costs would be fairly high??
  • focus149 likes this

Liquidfox

Liquidfox
  • Forum User
  • 12607 posts
  • Newcastle
  • Martin
  • Owns:F30 335d

Surely postage costs would be fairly high??

I'm guessing they're aimed at the small US owner base we have. Wonder if the owners told them how few members we have from the US before taking their money? There are much bigger US ST forums out there!

• focus149 likes this

Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics
  • Sponsor
  • 70 posts
  • Saint Louis
  • Nick

From the manual for the Mk3 Focus (2012 onwards in the UK):

attachicon.gifBulbs.png

A quick Google of each fitment type will lead you to more details. For example, these are the rear indicator (turn signal) bulbs that I bought (along with some resistors for reasons you describe on your website, the Mk3 Focus doesn't have a replaceable flasher unit):

http://www.autobulbs...d-led-bulb.html

You do realize that many of those bulbs have cross reference numbers right? The W5W is the same thing as a 194

Nick C.

I know what the UK fitment is, I don't know what you call it in the US. Either way you don't have W5W or 194 listed on your website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users