st3x2

st3x2
  • Forum User
  • 1866 posts
  • Gone where opions are OK
  • Dave
  • Owns:ST225

And it ain't green no more!!

Renewal time is approaching for the Wife and I and despite a happy year with Greenlight when I received our renewal prices I just wasn't happy with them. I did ask for them to be double checked but was told they were excellent prices...................

Sam from Sky came along (very helpful man) and smashed them to peices saving me a mahussive 26% odd on my ST and saved the wife 36% odd on her RS (both heavily modded).

Not sure why Greenlight didn't want to play ball, perhaps its that "brand new customers only" thing, Adrian Flux came in £250 cheaper based on using a completely different underwritter!!

All in all I am better off by over 300 quid! And the best bit is I am still covered by the same underwritter with the same benefits.

Big thumbs up to Sam and Sky Insurance and remember, if you try bumming me next year, Danny @ Adrian Flux will be getting our business!!!! :rofl:

• Safely Insured and Stubbsy like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

st3x2

st3x2
  • Forum User
  • 1866 posts
  • Dave

Well clearly sharing useful information with fellow members on here to help them save money can sometimes be detremental to yourself!

It would appear that since posting on here my underwritter has been informed of my post (I can't think who would have done that!) and they have withdrawn their policy having been a bit upset that I highlighted the potential range in their pricing!!!

This is after I had paid for the policy this morning... :thumbsdown:

I wouldn't mind but politely asked my previous insurer to check and adjust thier prices by PM to which I got a rather cocking and blunt reply showing no interest whatsoever to improve on pricing, in fact I was told that to acheive a price near what I wan't was impossible!! :D

To me it is a form of price fixing and as a paying member who supports club sponsors I am seriously :censored: off about it. Seriously underhand techniques and not the way I do business, essentially if you are not willing to offer your best rate to a customer then you shouldn't get the hump when someone beats it!! Maybe we should just have one insurer as a sponsor, that should make fixing the price easier?

Anyway Sam has since moved us to different policies with better conditions for a small additional fee of £16 which in fact just shows that there are several underwritters that can offer more competitive rates :)

I would be interested to hear what club staff thought about this one!!

• Ravi likes this

Round

Round
  • Forum User
  • 1345 posts

That's pretty poor.

Is that the actual explanation they gave?

st3x2

st3x2
  • Forum User
  • 1866 posts
  • Dave

That's pretty poor.

Is that the actual explanation they gave?

:yep: so if you ever buy a part or modification from a club sponsor, don't disclose the price/details to members until you have it in your hands!!!

Free speech just cost me £16!! :thumbsup:

Round

Round
  • Forum User
  • 1345 posts

Assuming as you had paid already did you get your documentation by email? They can in theory cancel it at anytime they wish because I would have thought in these terms 5 hours is no different to 5 weeks if payment made and docs received.

Unless they have the same cooling off period? which if left to the last minute they do take an amount to cover the days you were insured for.

I know insurance can be revoked at any point if they believe it to be void for false disclosure but I'm surprised they can revoke based on cost??

Insurance is a strange area. I never understand why these days fully comp can be cheaper than third party or third party only. why bother with the other types?? I know that if you willingly opt out for having your own vehicle covered you are kind of implying you are going to drive it carelessly but still just seems bizarre it's dearer.

• st3x2 likes this

st3x2

st3x2
  • Forum User
  • 1866 posts
  • Dave

There is a 14 day cooling off period that can be used or abused by either party, the policy hadn't started yet... But essentially they could retract there offer because you wear pink socks if they liked!!!!

Not to bothered anyway as Sam has sorted me out anyway but felt I should share this very poor business practice :facepalm:

• Trakky85 and Round like this

AndyC

AndyC
  • Forum User
  • 10290 posts

I'm not sure what's going on at Greenlight recently, but (and I'm not saying this will be the same situation) but often there is more to the story than the OP says!

I'm a bit confused as to this...

It would appear that since posting on here my underwritter has been informed of my post (I can't think who would have done that!) and they have withdrawn their policy having been a bit upset that I highlighted the potential range in their pricing!!!

So the underwriters that Sky used cancelled your policy because you said how cheap they were?!

Round

Round
  • Forum User
  • 1345 posts

There is a 14 day cooling off period that can be used or abused by either party, the policy hadn't started yet... But essentially they could retract there offer because you wear pink socks if they liked!!!!

Not to bothered anyway as Sam has sorted me out anyway but felt I should share this very poor business practice :facepalm:

Fair do's

all sorted in the end.

interesting situation though

st3x2

st3x2
  • Forum User
  • 1866 posts
  • Dave

I'm not sure what's going on at Greenlight recently, but (and I'm not saying this will be the same situation) but often there is more to the story than the OP says!

I'm a bit confused as to this...

So the underwriters that Sky used cancelled your policy because you said how cheap they were?!

Got no reason to lie mate, I will freely admit I was a very happy Greenlight customer last year.

I was a little anoyed with the response I got when I queried there price but I moved on and found a better as I would in any case.

AndyC

AndyC
  • Forum User
  • 10290 posts

Got no reason to lie mate, I will freely admit I was a very happy Greenlight customer last year.

I was a little anoyed with the response I got when I queried there price but I moved on and found a better as I would in any case.

Which is fair enough. Everyone wants the cheapest insurance (along with the best "deal") so that's understandable.

However, it doesn't feel me with confidence that after just a few hours Sky insurance are "causing problems", whether it be their fault or the underwriters.

st3x2

st3x2
  • Forum User
  • 1866 posts
  • Dave

Which is fair enough. Everyone wants the cheapest insurance (along with the best "deal") so that's understandable.

However, it doesn't feel me with confidence that after just a few hours Sky insurance are "causing problems", whether it be their fault or the underwriters.

I don't see what Sky had to gain from it though tbh as they had to then find me two seperate policies to get me back to virtually the price I initially paid. Which I imagine destroyed any margin they originally had from my business.. :)

AndyC

AndyC
  • Forum User
  • 10290 posts

I don't see what Sky had to gain from it though tbh as they had to then find me two seperate policies to get me back to virtually the price I initially paid. Which I imagine destroyed any margin they originally had from my business.. :)

But why charge you one price and then say that underwriter has cancelled and we need £16 more?!

If Sky made the mistake, they should cough up the £16.

Am at a loss as to why the underwriter would have cancelled the policy so quickly :huh:

st3x2

st3x2
  • Forum User
  • 1866 posts
  • Dave

But why charge you one price and then say that underwriter has cancelled and we need £16 more?!
If Sky made the mistake, they should cough up the £16.
Am at a loss as to why the underwriter would have cancelled the policy so quickly :huh:

the underwriter retracted their offer so Sky could no longer place my policy with them. The next best offer they could give me with a different one cost more. Sky swallowed some of it and paid 16 extra. Sky didn't make a mistake the offer was no longer available to me...

Damian Ashley

Damian Ashley
  • Forum User
  • 15 posts
  • Northampton
  • Damo666
  • Owns:ST250

Sorry Alex from Sky Insurance, gave me a competitive quote but i couldn't front the high deposit, but great service :)

Mike j

Mike j
  • Forum User
  • 6843 posts
  • Essex
  • Mike
Just curious who the underwriters were Dave

PM if you don't want to openly say on the thread

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cheapest, moddified, insurance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users