How are the head units and speakers? - Focus ST Mk2 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

How are the head units and speakers?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • 353 posts
My car will be an ST-2 with the sony unit and eight (premium apparently!) speakers.

For those of you who have had your cars for a while, how does this set-up compare to other 'standard' sound systems in your previous cars?

Rob

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

smjohns

smjohns
  • Club Member
  • 2597 posts
  • West Midlands
  • Si
  • Owns:ST250

My car will be an ST-2 with the sony unit and eight (premium apparently!) speakers.

For those of you who have had your cars for a while, how does this set-up compare to other 'standard' sound systems in your previous cars?

Rob

Apparently they are top noch although when I have tested them I felt they missed the sub woofer. Looking at the wiring on the quadlock there is a channel for this too....just not used.

Guest_LOUISE_*

Guest_LOUISE_*
  • Guests
I also have the ST-2, so have the Sony mp3 unit... The sound is quality, far far better than in my previous car (Fiesta ST, multi-disc changer)... Though I have noticed, you only have to go over the slightest bump for it to skip,, this is in my case, dunno whether they are all the same... as said before the sound quality is excellent and VERY VERY loud...

• Validating
  • 141 posts
I thought that the stereo in the ST-2 was exceptionally good for a standard fit, I didnt realise it had 6 premium speakers (altho I did notice that it has seperate tweeters) Excellent!

smjohns

smjohns
  • Club Member
  • 2597 posts
  • West Midlands
  • Si
I think you may find another two tweeters hidden away as there should be either 8 premium speakers or 4 standards depending on the unit you have installed :white-s:

• Validating
  • 353 posts

I think you may find another two tweeters hidden away as there should be either 8 premium speakers or 4 standards depending on the unit you have installed :white-s:

Yep that's right - should have eight speakers in total from ST2 upwards.

Any pictures???

Sorry! But it's a long wait for me through till April, and my local Ford dealership sold their demo car to superchips a couple of weeks ago. :busted:

• Validating
  • 117 posts
its 8 speakers, and yes they are very good , the mp3 compatiable stero is fantastic just plug in your mp3 into the aux in the glovebox, press aux on the stereo, away you go.
sorry i am speaking about the single sony cd/mp3 in my st-2, not the 6cd unit, but as far as i am aware the speakers are the same.

smjohns

smjohns
  • Club Member
  • 2597 posts
  • West Midlands
  • Si
Aye the same 8 speakers apply to the single and 6 disk Sony along with the DVD SatNav oh and the CD Satnav that is available on the std focus.

Scott

Scott

Founder (retired)

• Club Member
  • 4806 posts
  • Shenzhen, China
  • Scott
  • Owns:ST225

Apparently they are top noch although when I have tested them I felt they missed the sub woofer. Looking at the wiring on the quadlock there is a channel for this too....just not used.

Hi Ya

Is there any chance you could get some more info on the sub output is it rca? I have an alpine moniter and sub setup in my fiesta ST which im taking out but I cant be bothered to fit the alpine unit in the focus but I do wanna fit the amp and sub will be interesting to see if it can be hooked up easily :censored:

Many Thanks
Scott

smjohns

smjohns
  • Club Member
  • 2597 posts
  • West Midlands
  • Si
Don't know too much apart from the following diags of the connector and the wiring:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Scott

Scott

Founder (retired)

• Club Member
  • 4806 posts
  • Shenzhen, China
  • Scott
  • Owns:ST225
Excellent cheers matey just what I wanted will have to wait to get the car to have a good look will need to find out if there are live pins coming out of the headunit or find out if it needs to e coded into the headunit via fords diag?

Well will just have to wait for the car now :censored:

Cheers Again

Scott

STraight 5

STraight 5
  • Club Member
  • 121 posts
  • West Midlands, Birmingham
Anyone know which wires are for the sub out?

Regards,

• Validating
  • 381 posts
Mine in ST3 seems to vibrate something in the back of the car, presuming it is speaker mount or something.

Too busy listening to 5 pot to care any way! lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

smjohns

smjohns
  • Club Member
  • 2597 posts
  • West Midlands
  • Si
QUOTE(terrygreensill @ May 23 2006, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know which wires are for the sub out?

Regards,

Wiring diag is as follows:

jm7472

jm7472
  • Forum User
  • 392 posts
  • Manchester
If you dont mind me asking where did you get this?

Can anyone get one?

Interesting that thats 'page 30 of 28' ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users