15 replies to this topic

Pyrah

Pyrah
  • Forum User
  • 71 posts
  • Lee
  • Owns:ST225
Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope I don't cause an admin any hassle.

Anyway I'm looking for advice before I commit to buying the machine in the link provided (eBay link).

Can you guys give me your honest opinions, I'm not bothered by MPG (if I was I wouldn't be buying an ST lol).

Anyway hope I'm an ST owner soon.

http://bit.ly/1ir9csh
  • DanWard likes this

Gurrier

Gurrier
  • Club Member
  • 1,257 posts
  • Galway
  • Jim
  • Owns:None
Looks overpriced for the year

Pyrah

Pyrah
  • Forum User
  • 71 posts
  • Lee
I've got him down to 5500 if that helps (Y)

Asurans

Asurans
  • Club Member
  • 389 posts
  • James
looks good to me?

5500 is a great price i feel

Sarg

Sarg
  • Forum User
  • 1,408 posts
  • devon
  • Mike
Nothing wrong with that for 5.5k but if it was me I would push a bit more and get a bit more off :)

Pyrah

Pyrah
  • Forum User
  • 71 posts
  • Lee
It's been two weeks and he won't budge lol he's been offered 5800 part ex.

Kriss-brodie

Kriss-brodie
  • Forum User
  • 424 posts
  • Ayrshire
  • Kriss
Seems fair for 5.5k mate, i would

Rowe

Rowe
  • Club Member
  • 7,316 posts
5.5k seems a orate price.
There's an undertray missing and the exhaust looks to be sticking out too far. Those are my only observations

PaulG

PaulG
  • Club Member
  • 663 posts
  • Paul

It's been two weeks and he won't budge lol he's been offered £5800 part ex.

I don't believe him - why would he agree to £5500 if he could get £300 more part ex?

It says new tyres, but are they decent ones? STs and ditchfinders aren't a great combo.

Pyrah

Pyrah
  • Forum User
  • 71 posts
  • Lee
No idea he said that the car he was going to get wasn't worth it so he didn't take up the offer?

Secondly how the hell Rowe did you notice those things, you have eagle eyes (Y) still not enough of a reason not to get the car right?

Rowe

Rowe
  • Club Member
  • 7,316 posts

No idea he said that the car he was going to get wasn't worth it so he didn't take up the offer?

Secondly how the hell Rowe did you notice those things, you have eagle eyes (Y) still not enough of a reason not to get the car right?

you can see daylight through the bottom grille on the first pic and its a common problem them flying off. Probably about 40 quid to replace.
The exhaust looks like its been hit.
Definitely pop your head underneath to check for rear end damage. May just be something as simple as a missing exhaust rubber :)

Pyrah

Pyrah
  • Forum User
  • 71 posts
  • Lee
Thank you Rowe, I'll deff get my head under and listen to see if it's blowing. Hopefully the MOT would of picked it up last week but if not I'll sort it.

Think I'm picking it up at 4.30 today...excited so hopefully I'll be more active on here (unless anyone knows anything to terrible about the car lol).
  • westers likes this

K3FUS

K3FUS
  • Club Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • North Norfolk
  • keith
Trust me on a 9 year old car the first thing you should be checking is the condition of the car, then work out how much you wish to pay for it.

If the car is in excellent condition then it;s worth the asking price, there will be many in worse condition, some for less money and many for more.
If the car's not as good as the description suggests then either walk away or haggle the price down.

Used STs are a mine field and a good one will always be worth the little extra.

Pyrah

Pyrah
  • Forum User
  • 71 posts
  • Lee
Yea I've viewed it and drove it, I couldn't find a fault with it to be fair but then again I'm use to a faulty Megane at the moment lol.

The low mileage, service history etc all are pros for the car. I couldn't find any negatives hence coming on here.

I've seen cheaper STs yes and I've seen more expensive ones...mileage is key for me and from talking to the guy (for 2 weeks now lol) he seems a genuine guy.

Suppose I won't know till I take the plunge...either way I wanted to thank you all for your thoughts and hopefully I'll be ok and it will be fine, I'm not expecting perfect I'm just wanting a good, reliable and fun car again.

K3FUS

K3FUS
  • Club Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • North Norfolk
  • keith
Buying a new car is always a gamble, the odds are worse when it's a private sale, but you can't assume every seller is trying to get shot of a lemon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users