starting to modify my st

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

djconnor

djconnor
  • Club Member
  • 1227 posts
hi guys i'm starting to get my shopping list together for mods i want to start doing to my st. what do you think of my plans? good idea or waste of time?

booked in for beginning of june to have my fog light surrounds colour coded
then want to buy a dreamscience induction kit
new exhaust but don't want some chavvy sounding thing want something that improves sound but only growls when i give it some but will also give me improved power
then will get a stage 1 re-map done
thinking of getting a new actuater fitted to the turbo apperently will improve it?? but what do use think??

djconnor

djconnor
  • Club Member
  • 1227 posts
is it worth just buying lowering springs? or would you change all the suspension and how much is best to lower it running the standard 18" st wheels without getting any rub??

WelshGeoff

WelshGeoff

Events Committee

• Club Staff
  • 5733 posts
  • S.Wales
  • Geoff
  • Owns:ST225
Personally id get the remap 1st....and all the rest in what ever order you want ...ds induction kit, turbo back ...bin the actuator idea ..intercooler and eibachs with spacers.

Oh and good tyres :thumbsup:

Dazza

Dazza
  • Club Member
  • 932 posts
  • Surrey
  • Daryl
  • Owns:None
my best and only advise is remap first but get intercooler next or at the same time, the standard intercooler is rubbish and it barely does a job on standard :ST: and a uprated intercooler does make a massive difference
  • Kayzw likes this

Liquidfox

Liquidfox
  • Club Member
  • 9921 posts
  • Newcastle
  • Martin
£200ish fitted for Eibach springs. You'll need to check the alignment afterwards.
Milltek/Mongoose for a quietish exhaust that still growls when you want it to.
Don't change the actuator.
Stage 1 remap can be done without any prior mods.

Ninky Nonk

Ninky Nonk
  • Club Member
  • 3216 posts
some people on here run bluefin stage 2 on a standard car as its smoother than stage 1, not sure if you're going this route but just saying! then you can add the other items when you can, however as Daryl said above an intercooler would be a good mod after or at the same time as the map, especially if we're gona have a warm summer :rofl:

djconnor

djconnor
  • Club Member
  • 1227 posts
cheers guys will have a look into it then i'll bin the actuater idea i think as everyone seems to say the same on that one was looking at a miltek exhaust too. thought i needed to get exhaust and induction done before re-map but now i know u don't think that will be 1st engine mod i get done. apparently hyperchips can do it for £200 stage 1 but they said they coiuld get it to 290bhp which i think is a bit of bull?

Liquidfox

Liquidfox
  • Club Member
  • 9921 posts
  • Newcastle
  • Martin
I'd expect around 265-270bhp without any mods.

djconnor

djconnor
  • Club Member
  • 1227 posts

some people on here run bluefin stage 2 on a standard car as its smoother than stage 1, not sure if you're going this route but just saying! then you can add the other items when you can, however as Daryl said above an intercooler would be a good mod after or at the same time as the map, especially if we're gona have a warm summer :rofl:

don't think there is any danger of that lol warm summer that is

What would you's suggest intercooler wise??

I'd expect around 265-270bhp without any mods.

yeah thats more what i was thinking pal

WelshGeoff

WelshGeoff

Events Committee

• Club Staff
  • 5733 posts
  • S.Wales
  • Geoff

cheers guys will have a look into it then i'll bin the actuater idea i think as everyone seems to say the same on that one was looking at a miltek exhaust too. thought i needed to get exhaust and induction done before re-map but now i know u don't think that will be 1st engine mod i get done. apparently hyperchips can do it for £200 stage 1 but they said they coiuld get it to 290bhp which i think is a bit of bull?

I doubt they'll get it to 290bhp with no other mods! 250 maybe ....

Ninky Nonk

Ninky Nonk
  • Club Member
  • 3216 posts
i think the airtec gen 3 is decent value for money and performs near enuf as well as any other intercooler, my cars mountuned so i can't really recommend many things as i just have the packs put on mine! but there are many very knowledgeable people on here, i just go on what i've read on here cos i spend loadsa time just reading through the various threads etc!

djconnor

djconnor
  • Club Member
  • 1227 posts
yeah when i got told 290 it made me laugh defo want the ds induction but think it'll be worth the £50 to get it fitted by them but while i'm on that i've noticed they move the ecu and it looks like its left uncovered after ds induction is fitted is it defo ok left like that? as in the standard casing its in don't it have a bit of a cooling fan on it etc etc know what i mean??

WelshGeoff

WelshGeoff

Events Committee

• Club Staff
  • 5733 posts
  • S.Wales
  • Geoff

yeah when i got told 290 it made me laugh defo want the ds induction but think it'll be worth the £50 to get it fitted by them but while i'm on that i've noticed they move the ecu and it looks like its left uncovered after ds induction is fitted is it defo ok left like that? as in the standard casing its in don't it have a bit of a cooling fan on it etc etc know what i mean??

Have the RS ecu cover and if you order through dreamscience for you ind kit they'll give you a £50 discount code :thumbsup:

djconnor

djconnor
  • Club Member
  • 1227 posts
cheers geoff i've seen that discount code for £50 off thats why i was gonna get it fitted by them too

murday1983

murday1983
  • Club Member
  • 227 posts
  • Bolton
  • Antony
If you’re planning to up your bhp, you my want to also think about the RS clutch. Mine is fully tuned by DS to 285bhp and when i changed the clutch, it was a lot better gear change.

I have a full mongoose de-cat exhaust on it, growls when stud and especially growls when being driven. Not chavy sounding either.

I also had the mongoose intercooler fitted, runs the entire length of my bumper grille. Keeps everything nice and cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users